Did you mean: 

Amex offer whole foods

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Amex offer whole foods

@red259 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
To me its only worth it ifyoure going to be going there anyway. Otherwise you are just spending to get a discount.

Its a grocery store. I could understand if it was a car dealership and didn't need a car, but most people have stuff they would need to buy and can get those items at whole foods. I wouldn't drive over an hour to get to one, but if its in your town why not? For me, I actually buy stuff there (especially for fresh fruit/vegetables) although I use different stores for different items. 

Right but since Whole Foods is often more expensive, the question is whether you'd save more just shopping elsewhere, or by using the Amex offer. Depends on what you're buying I guess

Message 21 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

Just in follow-up. I met the $50 spend across several purchases and got an email from amex saying I completed the offer. I do have a follow-up questiomn. If I take an Amex offer where I get statement credit back for a portion of it does the entire purchase count towrds initial spend? I assume so since that appears to be how the airline credit works. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 29
score_building
Senior Contributor

I imagine another way to meet the spend is to purchase a gift card, especially if coming up against the deadline and not dropping 50$ with one purchase otherwise.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 23 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

Never been inside whole foods. But they have gift cards. Nice. I got the offer. Guess u will use it. Got it on my green card.
Message 24 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The only giftcards that wholefoods sells are their own.   As I do nearly all the grocery shopping there, with Amex offers and other needs, such as meeting min spend,  I buy the gift card as, despite red's experience, I don't always trust multiple purchases to count.

Message 25 of 29
red259
Super Contributor

@score_building wrote:

I imagine another way to meet the spend is to purchase a gift card, especially if coming up against the deadline and not dropping 50$ with one purchase otherwise.

As stated earlier you do not have to spend the whole $50 all at once just a total of $50 before the deadline. I would also check the terms as I know giftcards are excluded if you order them over phone. Dunno about in store but it would be in the terms. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

We used the offer yesterday on Dw's ED card. $46 in one transaction and $26 on smoothies and some hand packed sorbet. 

Got an e-mail right away from Am Ex acknowledging our purchase. 

We eat healthy and go there all the time. The one near us is next door to Trader Joe's and we shop both regularly. 

Everyone on this forum obviously isn't into those kinds if stores,  but if you are,  it's an easy 1000 points.

Message 27 of 29
score_building
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

As stated earlier you do not have to spend the whole $50 all at once just a total of $50 before the deadline. I would also check the terms as I know giftcards are excluded if you order them over phone. Dunno about in store but it would be in the terms. 

Have received the credit on a previous Amex Whole Foods promo with an in store gift card purchase, later used myself with no worry of some promo expiry date, although routinely shop at Whole Foods and quite like it, only for select items: #wholepaycheck 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 28 of 29
Open123
Super Contributor

Wow, never realized you can make the spend over several transactions.  With every Whole Foods Promo, I've always just bought a GC at the store for whatever spend necessary to earn the reward/statement credit.  

Then, I either give away the GC, or use it myself.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.