Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex offer

Just received an email from.amex stating i am pre-selected for an upgrade to the blue cash preferred card . Has anyone else recieved such and if so would this increase one's credit score or cause amex to give a CLI?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Amex offer

I am assuming they are trying to upgrade your BCE, which will provide a different reward structure.  It should not effect your credit score and the same rules would apply to Amex's cli policies.  The BCP does come with an annual fee so do the math before you decide whether or not to upgrade!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx!
Message 3 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Earlier today, I got an email saying if I upgraded my BCE to the BCP, Amex would give me $100 for spending a couple thousand.   I wasn't sure if they would waive the AF for the first year from my brief scan.

If I didn't have the SM, I would consider the offer.  My BCE has a good MSD back date.  I could apply for the BCP with a better signup bonus, but I want to keep the account history.  The BCP could also make sense for someone who buys gift cards at grocery stores.  The BCE rarely makes sense for most people.  Even my BoA CR card gives me 3.5% CB for grocery spend and 5.25% for gas (up to 2.5k per quarter).  It even counts my local Wally and Sams as grocery stores.  Amex does not count Wally/Sams as grocery stores.  For me the BCE only makes sense for Amex offers and the MSD.

Message 4 of 14
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just received an email from.amex stating i am pre-selected for an upgrade to the blue cash preferred card . Has anyone else recieved such and if so would this increase one's credit score or cause amex to give a CLI?

I got the same offer. I don't want a card with an AF, so I thought...I'll ask for a CLI on my BCE since they like me so much...and I got one Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same offer the other day. Upgrade to the BCP and get $100 statement credit after spending 1k. I thought about it, but probably won't do it. Maybe sometime down the line but as of now I don't want another card with an AF and the $100 offer isn't that big to change my mind right now. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that same exact offer as well. They want me to upgrade my BCE. I won't be doing it.
Message 7 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I got the offer too.      

What's nice about these cases is that, with your previous spending and rewards history, it is very easy to decide whether it makes sense. does the increased rewards (3% for groceries, 1% for gas and department stores) make up for the additional annual fee (and take into account the upgrade bonus if you wish).  When applying from scratch, you have to guess "Will store X count?"

So providing you meet the spending limit, the $100 gives you basically the increased rewards of the BCP "for free" for a year, after which you can downgrade again if the rewards aren't working out.

Message 8 of 14
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did...do not wish to upgrade to card with AF.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.