Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offering free Experian PLUS score and credit report

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex offering free Experian PLUS score and credit report

@frogfan12 wrote:

Can you get an updated score before the 30 days is up? And is the free score/report just a one time thing?

the same question i wanna ask, is this one-time offer?

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stone wrote:

@frogfan12 wrote:

Can you get an updated score before the 30 days is up? And is the free score/report just a one time thing?

the same question i wanna ask, is this one-time offer?

Well according to the CSR, your report is available to you for 30 days for free.  After that, you may opt to pay, or wait one year from now and you qualify for another report for free, for a 30 day period.  So, no, it's not a one-time offer unless AMEX discontinues this perk and no, you cannot receive a free updated report/fako score after the 30 day period.

Message 32 of 36
Jimmy9224
Contributor

I just checked mine, I have A 720 plus score and found out that Rent a center actually reported the loan Smiley Very Happy I read online that Aarons and rent a center dont report to the credit bureas but theyre there! and it shows closed and paid satisfactorily woohoo! Smiley Very Happy my first showed "installment loan"

My wallet : Amex Zync NPSL , Discover More $3500, BankAmericard Cash Rewards $1000, Walmart Discover $1400, Chase Freedom $1000, Capital one Platinum $1000, Macy's Store card $100, Amazon Store card $1400, Southwest rapid rewards $5000, Marriot Visa $5000. Barclay Apple $1200
Message 33 of 36
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Maybe I am way too new to AMEX, but all I am seeing is a free trial for $1 to try CreditSecure for 30 days.

I am a card member since 1999 (not new) and I am getting the same error with the one link and the $1 offer.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 34 of 36
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Jimmy9224 wrote:

I just checked mine, I have A 720 plus score and found out that Rent a center actually reported the loan Smiley Very Happy I read online that Aarons and rent a center dont report to the credit bureas but theyre there! and it shows closed and paid satisfactorily woohoo! Smiley Very Happy my first showed "installment loan"

They usually report once the "loan" is paid in full, not during the payment period.

Message 35 of 36
stone
Regular Contributor

Just noticed that the offer disappeared from my account, and the link posted here never worked for me again.

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.