Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex offers?

I get the New York City offers all the time too. If they keep pushing that I suggest they toss another 300 bucks my way to fly there
Message 11 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

Some are likely targeted, but I suspect the overwhelming majority are general offers available to all card members.  I've noticed certain cards will have "better" or "different" offers than others.  Once, I had promo for "X" statement on Amazon on my SPG card, but not on any of my other cards--not sure what criteria Amex uses to determine eligibility.

In my view, the most coveted ones are the "X" statement credits offered in Amazon, Walmart, WholeFoods, Smart & Final, or with similar Merchants, from whom we often purchase necessities.

Message 12 of 15
mochi123

Mines are obviously targeted because of Amazon and Costco shopping. I am close to Whole Foods and never recieved it. The Blue had a promo of $25 off of $50 purcase at Smart and Final earlier in the  year. I spent the $50 but never saw a discount reflected on my account.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did receive the whole foods one but it seems 90% of the offers I'll never use.

There are some good offers here and there that i use but yes, the majority dont apply to me. 

You can save a lot of money on some tho if you do happen to shop at those stores.. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mochi123 wrote:

Mines are obviously targeted because of Amazon and Costco shopping. I am close to Whole Foods and never recieved it. The Blue had a promo of $25 off of $50 purcase at Smart and Final earlier in the  year. I spent the $50 but never saw a discount reflected on my account.

I did the smart and final one on both my TE and BCP. That was a good one. No problem getting the $. I've never had any trouble redeeming them except for when I mistakenly did the AmEx checkout one twice on the same card and skipped one of our cards. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.