Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex on the prowl

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Amex on the prowl

It's been more than a year since my Amex derog fell off my CR. Today I received an automated call from Amex asking for me to leave my name and number. What the? I suppose they intend offer me the Oasis card. I'm suspicious given the credit crunch. I wonder what the little devils are up to...

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Amex on the prowl

Same with my gf. They soft pull her Experian often and asked her if she wishes to join the Oasis program.
Message 2 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

To be honest, it is not a bad program and a good way to start back with Amex. I got my Oasis Card from Amex last year and later I got Platinum Charge.
Message 3 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

I assume it doesn't back date to when she first had the card, right?
Message 4 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

The new card will back date to the original date the first card was issues. It will help you with the age. They will also remove any negative information you might have on your CR from the old card.
Message 5 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

Really? They back-dated your card? She'll keep her history? WOW

I was not aware of that. (It doesn't report as of this moment, it fell off for her)

Message 6 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Well the new card will report from old date and add to the average age or account. It is well worth having it. Even though it came off the credit report Amex has elephent memory and very unlikely she would get another amex card until the old debt is cleared from their books.
Message 7 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

I had an AE Blue card in DMP and kept my Green card out of the program.  The closed the Green card the moment I went into DMP.

LOL after DMP, I got 4 Green card magnet offers and 1 Gold card magnet offers from them.

LOLx2 During DMP they sent me a $435 refund on interest charges since they though I was intitled to it.  I even called and asked about it and the CSR told me not to mention anything about it.

I havent seen any offers from them for almost 2 months so I guess they gave up or they think I'm subprime again.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stuck it to AMEX to the tune of $5000 some 5 years ago.  Frankly, with the way they are sticking it to people now, i have no regrets.  NO THANKS OASIS!
Message 9 of 13
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Is the Oasis card only for people that had a previous account with Amex or can anyone apply. Im not going to apply but I know someone who has been interested.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.