Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex on the prowl

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Amex on the prowl

It's for those who had Amex previously

What confuses me is why other users have stated that oasis does not introduce the age of your original card. How long ago, Concord, did you get into Oasis where they did this for you?

Thanks. My gf was considering this but I had to triple check that it'll date her back and help her age. (Otherwise it would be a massive waste of time for her)

Message 11 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@jbh wrote:

What confuses me is why other users have stated that oasis does not introduce the age of your original card. How long ago, Concord, did you get into Oasis where they did this for you?

Thanks. My gf was considering this but I had to triple check that it'll date her back and help her age. (Otherwise it would be a massive waste of time for her)

I got my first card in 1995. I got Oasis Dec 2007. It reports on all 3 CR's as opened in 1995 and also on the card imprint says member since 1995. I owed about 10.5 K on biz card when biz went bad in 1999. I paid it in full and they gave Oasis with $5K CL. Later I got Amex Platinum Card. Both cards report to CRA's as opened in 1995. I have no complains. I used the card and spent it and though biz went bad and did never reported on my CRA's  I paid it off in full on my old card. I have great sense of accomplishment.
Message 12 of 13
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@jbh wrote:

I got my first card in 1995. I got Oasis Dec 2007. It reports on all 3 CR's as opened in 1995 and also on the card imprint says member since 1995. I owed about 10.5 K on biz card when biz went bad in 1999. I paid it in full and they gave Oasis with $5K CL. Later I got Amex Platinum Card. Both cards report to CRA's as opened in 1995. I have no complains. I used the card and spent it and though biz went bad and did never reported on my CRA's  I paid it off in full on my old card. I have great sense of accomplishment.

+1

Amex has treated some good customers harshly the last year but they are great at how they treat the people who have had old charge-offs. They give a good incentive to pay the old charge-off if you want to build history quickly.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.