Established Contributor

Re: Amex on the prowl

It's for those who had Amex previously

What confuses me is why other users have stated that oasis does not introduce the age of your original card. How long ago, Concord, did you get into Oasis where they did this for you?

Thanks. My gf was considering this but I had to triple check that it'll date her back and help her age. (Otherwise it would be a massive waste of time for her)

Super Contributor

jbh wrote:

What confuses me is why other users have stated that oasis does not introduce the age of your original card. How long ago, Concord, did you get into Oasis where they did this for you?

Thanks. My gf was considering this but I had to triple check that it'll date her back and help her age. (Otherwise it would be a massive waste of time for her)

I got my first card in 1995. I got Oasis Dec 2007. It reports on all 3 CR's as opened in 1995 and also on the card imprint says member since 1995. I owed about 10.5 K on biz card when biz went bad in 1999. I paid it in full and they gave Oasis with $5K CL. Later I got Amex Platinum Card. Both cards report to CRA's as opened in 1995. I have no complains. I used the card and spent it and though biz went bad and did never reported on my CRA's  I paid it off in full on my old card. I have great sense of accomplishment.
Frequent Contributor

concorduser wrote:

jbh wrote:

I got my first card in 1995. I got Oasis Dec 2007. It reports on all 3 CR's as opened in 1995 and also on the card imprint says member since 1995. I owed about 10.5 K on biz card when biz went bad in 1999. I paid it in full and they gave Oasis with $5K CL. Later I got Amex Platinum Card. Both cards report to CRA's as opened in 1995. I have no complains. I used the card and spent it and though biz went bad and did never reported on my CRA's  I paid it off in full on my old card. I have great sense of accomplishment.

+1

Amex has treated some good customers harshly the last year but they are great at how they treat the people who have had old charge-offs. They give a good incentive to pay the old charge-off if you want to build history quickly.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.