Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex online accounts (help)

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Amex online accounts (help)

I got my first Amex on Jan. 2 and I set up the online account and it showed all my information (cl, preferences, etc.). I just had to wait for the card to come in and activate. I was approved for the BCE this past Monday. I applied over the phone and it was instant approval. The csr said my card would be here in 7-10 days. I log into all my accounts everyday and the BCE never showed up with the Blue Sky card. Someone here told me that I had to wait for the card to come in first. So I was going to wait. Well, this morning, I got an email from Amex saying my BCE had been approved and that I can give a reference number they gave me and register my new card so my online account will be ready when the actual card comes in. So I click the link and it says to log in if you have an existing account and I did and there was nothing about the BCE. So I tried it again and it said to register a new card...click here. I did that and set up a new log in name and it let me choose paperless billing and such. But they are showing nothing about the card itself. So now I have two Amex online accounts and I really wanted them to both be on the same login name. So now I don't know what to do. Are you supposed to have two login names?

Also....the csr told me Monday that the card would be here in 7-10 days and now the email says it will be here by Feb. 15. Why the time discrepancy?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex online accounts (help)

While you can have multiple login names, it is a lot easier to have all accounts as one. As I mentioned in the previous thread, just wait until you get your card, then login under your old login at americanexpress.com/activate. After going thru all of the prompts you will be able to assign the card to your original login.

Amex cards usually arrive within about a week. I am sure they are just being on the safe side by saying Feb 15th.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 2 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

While you can have multiple login names, it is a lot easier to have all accounts as one. As I mentioned in the previous thread, just wait until you get your card, then login under your old login at americanexpress.com/activate. After going thru all of the prompts you will be able to assign the card to your original login.

Amex cards usually arrive within about a week. I am sure they are just being on the safe side by saying Feb 15th.

That's what I want is just one login. I was going to wait after you told me what you did on the previous thread. But I thought since they sent  the email, everything was up and ready. I guess it is really just a confirmation of approval. It had my ending card numbers so I assume a number was just given to the card and maybe they send the confirmation when they sent the card out??

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 10
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I don't recall seeing such an email on my accounts.

One of the key items on setting up online access is the security code on the front of the card. I imagine the only way for you to get that number is by viewing the actual card.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

I don't recall seeing such an email on my accounts.

One of the key items on setting up online access is the security code on the front of the card. I imagine the only way for you to get that number is by viewing the actual card.

I applied over the phone so I assume that is why they sent the email so many days later. On my Blue Sky, I applied online and got an email immediately and was able to register an Amex account the same day. I got spoiled with Chase I think because I had a BP card with them first and once I signed up for an online account, everything was there. Then when I was approved for the Freedom card with them, it showed up automatically the same day.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 10
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

This happened to me when I got my Amex PRG card. I created a second login and then wound up calling Amex to have them merge the two accounts. I did wait though until after the card arrived and not before. They can fix it for you.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

This happened to me when I got my Amex PRG card. I created a second login and then wound up calling Amex to have them merge the two accounts. I did wait though until after the card arrived and not before. They can fix it for you.

ok...thanks! So you called them before you activated the card online or after?

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 7 of 10
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I applied to Hilton Honors last Sunday night, got the approval email last night and link to create an account online, but without a card number all you can setup is paperless billing.

Message 8 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

• there should be an option where you can removeyour account on Amex website.
  • remove it and merge then into one account.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 10
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I applied to Hilton Honors last Sunday night, got the approval email last night and link to create an account online, but without a card number all you can setup is paperless billing.

It's good to know I'm not the only one getting the email 5 days after I was approved. Did you apply over the phone too? I assume they send out the email once they issue an account number and send out the card.

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.