Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex opinions needed!

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Amex opinions needed!

All,

I currently have 3 Amex cards. Zync, Green, and Costco.

I am thinking this is kind of over-kill and would like to close one down so I do not have to pay the AF. The Green is my most recent card and it has yet to report. I am thinking once it does, I will close it and keep the Zync and Costco cards. I do know the MR Points are better with the Green but I am having a hard time justifying it as I am not using it for anything at this time. The Costco card has a CL of $22,200.00.

Maybe I should close both the Green (once it reports) and the Zync? Not sure what to do here.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daylove
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex opinions needed!

The first year the annual fee is waived for the green...I would keep it and then make the decision if keep it or not when it is time to pay the annual fee.

Message 2 of 4
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

I used to have a Green many years ago, and now I have the Zync instead. Other than the difference in rewards points, I can't see much need for having two charge cards with almost the same rewards structure. I like the Zync a little more because of the lower annual fee, the ability to customize rewards by adding packs as needed, and aesthetically, I think the Zync looks very cool!  I would lose the Green if it were me, but maybe wait until closer to the renewal time so you can avoid the annual fee for next year like the other person said.

Message 3 of 4
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

For me, I use all my Membership Rewards for frequent flyer miles. I am not sure if MR Express Points (from the Zync) can be transferred to airlines but I know Green does earn Membership Rewards points so in that case the Green would be more suited for me than the Zync.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.