Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex optima oasis

tag
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Amex optima oasis

Hello all new hire and learning alot thx! My question is I have an old charge off from Amex optima back on 2000 does anyone know if I contact them will they offer me an oasis card?I am trying go rebuild my credit so I would like to pay this off and start over. Does anyone know the best number to call to get the correct person to give me the best chance to get oasis? Thx for all the help!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex optima oasis

The internal collections in Omaha (don't know the number offhand, it's on the forums somewhere.) They all know about it there and can help. Rumor is that most of the other call centers won't be able to help much. They're a bit rude over there but some of them are professional. I paid an old amex bill from when I was ill a while back. didn't take the optima though, I applied for a charge card instead. It depends on how your credit is right now which route you'd want to take.

Message 2 of 16
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Anyone have the number? I tired calling but got no where.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

(866) 462-5235 is the number I used to get ahold of them.

Message 4 of 16
Lightdog555
New Contributor

Thx! I talked to a help full person who said as of 10/10/10 I was able to get the oasis card and that they sent the offer to an old address now he said the hard part is getting the department at 800-700-7619 to extend the offer any tips I can use to get them to extend it to me? Again thx for the help!
Message 5 of 16
Lightdog555
New Contributor

After speaking to many different people looks like I found someone who helped me get the program!! After my payment posts I am getting a card with a limit $500 not bad when the charge off was $400. I just hope after I pay them that Amex doesn't "forget" to me on oasis to help me rebuild my credit. If I read the forums right after 1 year I can get a different card with good history. Thx to all for your help and what are people experiences with Amex oasis?
Message 6 of 16
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Lightdog,

CONGRATS and THANKS for this info.  I have a friend who once called and they told him that the program was no longer in place, so it's good to know that there's a chance for him to get back in.  I'll be sure to pass this info. along. 

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
Lightdog555
New Contributor

After paying off te balance on the 7th so not too great news. The rep I have been talking with told me 100% approval and now it seems I am getting the run around. I have no bk and other baddies with them. Since my old account was from 2000 I made it clear the only way I would pay them is if the offer was extended to me again (previous mail was sent to an old address) I was asked to call back next week and they would " call their corporate offices" but I feel like a bait and switch may have been pulled. I am hoping to rebuild my credit. My notes differ from what the 2nd rep just gave me. I hope it goes through I'll keep everyone informed.
Message 8 of 16
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Good luck, Lightdog!  I'm sorry to hear of your disappointing news.  If my friend has a different experience, I will be sure to share it with you (he likes to capture names and numbers as well, so whatever he gives me, I will certainly pass it on to you).

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does your report look otherwise? I've seen many, myself included, approved for a card outright after repaying old debt to them. In my case it took a recon because I applied almost immediately and the system hadn't cleared yet. It was worth the two hards on EX, but they wouldn't likely have been necessary if I'd waited 90 days as was suggested. I've also heard that people usually do get the oasis if it's promised but it can take quite a while to receive the application.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.