Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex overnighting new cards

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Amex overnighting new cards

Just got approved for to new cards. Anyone know if, I can call them and have them expedited?

Thanks. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex overnighting new cards

I would call CS and ask them.
Message 2 of 11
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I tried that and the CSR noted my card had already been produced and mailed (about 12 hours after approval).  He said it was sent First Class mail so it would arrive in a couple of days.

Oddly, I just got the shipment notification e-mail today (two days later) saying arrival is 7-10 business days.

Message 3 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It would be much faster and more effective to call and ask than to ask here and wait for reponses.  Worst case is they say no.  As a prior reply indicates, they can't expedite if the cards have already shipped out or are already prepared for shipment.

Message 4 of 11
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Which card?  I know they use to overnight the PRG and Platinum. 

Message 5 of 11
jbsea
Established Contributor

My PRG was over night but everything else was slow

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that they do expedite, but you would have to call and ask.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They overnighted my Platinum and PRG but my BCP took about 5 days.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MASTERNC wrote:

I tried that and the CSR noted my card had already been produced and mailed (about 12 hours after approval).  He said it was sent First Class mail so it would arrive in a couple of days.

Oddly, I just got the shipment notification e-mail today (two days later) saying arrival is 7-10 business days.

They really were just making that excuse up. They can always produce another identical card with the same number. I've had this happen. Ask for a card to be expedited, it will show up next day, and then the same exact card will show up a couple of days later via first class mail (the original card) 

Message 9 of 11
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I called this Morning. I say their customer service is on par with Discover. I should have PRG in 1 or 2 days. 

Happy, now I can get that spend bonus out of the way. On my employers Dime. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.