Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex overpayment....adverse action?

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Amex overpayment....adverse action?

I paid my amex bill and the auto pay did not automatically cancel, thus both payments were processed. So my account has a very high credit balance but I also have other bills to pay, like car payment etc. and I can only pay these in cash so I need the money that would otherwise been in my checking account.

Basically, all I want to know is how amex feels about credit balance refunds, I am not trying have any adverse action taken, anybody has experiences with amex and credit balance refunds?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex overpayment....adverse action?

No specific experience, but I don't think they'd care.  If I needed the money to pay bills, I wouldn't hesitate to ask.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
clownfico
Valued Member

Re: Amex overpayment....adverse action?

Amex seems rather indifferent in my experience as in last several cycles I have carried a modest negative bal of 600 on avg. You could elect that a remittance check of the credit be mailed to you. This becomes customer-initiated action after a credit bal remains over 30 days or one complete billing cycle
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.