Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex payback

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amex payback

As 2017 begins i begin to try to build an attack plan on improving my credit more. First step is trying to repair the damage left by an unexpected chargeoff that hit my TU in December( currently paid, waiting for letter that ive paid off ssid account and will be sending in a goodwill letter soonSmiley Happy )

My bk7 finally fell off my TU in dec and Experian only has a late payment going on 7 years ago( should be off my report by Oct). EQ i have no idea as since i froze it and can never seem to see my report online, is a whole other ball game. Since i have too many inqs there and i wanna garden hard to allow them to fall of gracefully, this is a matter i can attend by end of the year.

Paying back my debt for a cell phone that i was unable to pay a couple years ago due to job loss , has gotten me thinking. In this new rebirth of my credit journey, i want to own up to my responsiblities and try to always pay for my good and bad debts. Years ago when i unfortunately decided to go bankruptcy chapter 7, i had to include all my creditors, minus my car( still have today Smiley Wink ) which included Amex. At the time i knew enough about credit to pay your bills on time but not really the true consequences if you failed to do so. At the time i believe i had an Amex green card and the Amex blue where you could pay monthly. I believe i may have still owed them around 1500 but not too sure.

I was wondering , humbly, if perhaps anyone had a number i could call to inquire about the exact smount owed and if i could pay it back in hopes of perhaps one day getting back in with Amex sooner. I realize i do not have to pay this amount as it was included in bk, but even if it doesnt help, id like to do the responsible thing and pay my debts. I may have to wait til i conquer my most recent debts but this is something i think i should do. Thanks everyone ,sorry for the essay haha, just on my lunchbreak and had a thought. You can also pm if youd like with any information . Thanks great day everyoneSmiley Happy AVJ
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex payback

The number should be in the backdoor list:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

I would also check to see if the Oasis program is still available.  It was a way for people to repay and get backin with Amex. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Optima-Oasis-program/td-p/1193077

No harm in app'g to see if you are blacklisted.  Amex will not pull your credit if you are. 

Message 2 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

The number should be in the backdoor list:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

I would also check to see if the Oasis program is still available.  It was a way for people to repay and get backin with Amex. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Optima-Oasis-program/td-p/1193077

No harm in app'g to see if you are blacklisted.  Amex will not pull your credit if you are. 

The Oasis program is still alive, but its invite only, you cant request it or apply for it. Once you pay the old debt back, they have in the past within a few months after that, offered it by a letter in the mail, offering the program/card to you, and a number to call. 

Alos as stated, if youre BL, they even pull, if not, HP on EX Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks guys, if there was a higher level than blacklisted i assure you im on it Smiley Wink, have all the cannot approve at this moment due to Amex canceling my accounts( bk )papers to prove it Lol! Just for laughs and giggles to see if ive gotten off yet ive applied for wvery card they have EVEN plentySmiley Wink.60 seconds later and how would you like Serve haha.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.