Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex payments????

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Amex payments????

I have a amex delta... Trying to make my a second payment.... I paid on a 600, balance.... Trying to get the 30000 miles..... Paid 169 on friday.... Balance is 453....trying to pay in full but system won't let me... Says no balance due but does say 453 balance

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex payments????

@amercnchopz34 wrote:
I have a amex delta... Trying to make my a second payment.... I paid on a 600, balance.... Trying to get the 30000 miles..... Paid 169 on friday.... Balance is 453....trying to pay in full but system won't let me... Says no balance due but does say 453 balance

If it's a new account, you can only make 1 payment in 30 days. After that you can make 1 payment per week.

Atleast that how it was with me.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

that's kinda pain there......Did they put 30k miles in your acc right away after you spend $500 ????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

The amex delta is a revolver correct?

If so, what does your available credit state on amex online?

The outstanding balance can take a few days to catch up to your payments, but your available credit will reflect payments instantly.

For example if you have a 600 dollar balance and a 2000 limit on a card your available balance would be 1400.  If you pay today your available credit will be 2000 dollars, but your outstanding balance may say 600 until Wednesday of this week.

If you attempt to make a payment that is above your balance you should receive a red error message with the amount you can pay. 

I do not think they limit your payments if the account is a revolver (outside of only one payment per day).  They can not charge you a weeks worth of interest if you have the money to PIF. 

Message 4 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

that's kinda pain there......Did they put 30k miles in your acc right away after you spend $500 ????

Yes ...they have applied the 30000 miles to it

Message 5 of 10
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Can you push one through your bank with AMEX? Or call in and explain that you want to PIF, but didn't know the 1 per 30 day rule?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 6 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Try the American Express pay by phone. 800-472-9297. Do you have your checking account linked? If so it's a breeze and I believe it will allow you to pay more often in the beginning, or at least that's what I remember doing on a co branded Delta card. All automated prompts and quick. 

Message 7 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Called in... Csr told me to start.. I linked a bank a new bank account to the amex so only 1 payment allowed for first 30....then I can pay once a month

Message 8 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Called in... Csr told me to start.. I linked a bank a new bank account to the amex so only 1 payment allowed for first 30....then I can pay once a week

Message 9 of 10
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

The amex delta is a revolver correct?

If so, what does your available credit state on amex online?

The outstanding balance can take a few days to catch up to your payments, but your available credit will reflect payments instantly.

For example if you have a 600 dollar balance and a 2000 limit on a card your available balance would be 1400.  If you pay today your available credit will be 2000 dollars, but your outstanding balance may say 600 until Wednesday of this week.

If you attempt to make a payment that is above your balance you should receive a red error message with the amount you can pay. 

I do not think they limit your payments if the account is a revolver (outside of only one payment per day).  They can not charge you a weeks worth of interest if you have the money to PIF. 

Yup....I always look at available credit because it usually takes awhile to update the balance

also, you can use your banks billpay to push it through 

i got my reward miles the day my statement cut

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.