Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pc?

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Amex pc?

Just curious guys, when I receive my card should i or can i receive a product change into the amex gold from the green? Hear the rewards are better, annual fee the same and approval criteria similar.

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Amex pc?

I am sure its possible.  However, my advice on this for you since I know you just got it, it to hold what you got and wait 90 days.

Amex is a touchy beast.  Its arguably the best credit card company to be in with and you are in the door.  Don't get too anxious with them.

The rewards for gold card over green will be negligible over 90 days unless you are spending like D. Trump. 

Just enjoy membership and then in 90 days call em up and tell them you would really like to PC to the Gold. 

Just my 2 cents. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex pc?

@TwinGirls19 wrote:
Just curious guys, when I receive my card should i or can i receive a product change into the amex gold from the green? Hear the rewards are better, annual fee the same and approval criteria similar.

Just go back on and apply for the Gold and close the Green in a year when the AF hits or just cancel now once the Gold comes.  and yes it is worth getting the gold.

you use to be able to PC easy between but now have to have card 1 year unless no AF up change!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.