Regular Contributor

Amex pc?

Just curious guys, when I receive my card should i or can i receive a product change into the amex gold from the green? Hear the rewards are better, annual fee the same and approval criteria similar.

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Established Contributor

Re: Amex pc?

I am sure its possible.  However, my advice on this for you since I know you just got it, it to hold what you got and wait 90 days.

Amex is a touchy beast.  Its arguably the best credit card company to be in with and you are in the door.  Don't get too anxious with them.

The rewards for gold card over green will be negligible over 90 days unless you are spending like D. Trump. 

Just enjoy membership and then in 90 days call em up and tell them you would really like to PC to the Gold. 

Just my 2 cents. :smileyhappy:

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex pc?

TwinGirls19 wrote:
Just curious guys, when I receive my card should i or can i receive a product change into the amex gold from the green? Hear the rewards are better, annual fee the same and approval criteria similar.

Just go back on and apply for the Gold and close the Green in a year when the AF hits or just cancel now once the Gold comes.  and yes it is worth getting the gold.

you use to be able to PC easy between but now have to have card 1 year unless no AF up change!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
90 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.