Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pending charge

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex pending charge

@Vegas247 wrote:

$99.00 to fill up a gas tank? I hope that included snacks and other goodies a gas station has to offer.

$99 doesn't even fill our company truck.  Don't just assume that all vehicles have the same size gas tank as your own.

Message 11 of 19
SquidBilly
New Contributor

My car has a 16 gallon tank and I only get 14 MPG.
Filling up all the time I am.
Message 12 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

Seems like on AmEx they always put a large hold on my account with pay at the pump, I never see that on Visa, MC or Discover

Message 13 of 19
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

$99.00 to fill up a gas tank? I hope that included snacks and other goodies a gas station has to offer.

I wish I could fill up my Truck for $99, typicall I fill up around half a tank... but If i get down to empty it's between $125 - $140, gotta love the towing power of a duramax though!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 19
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@SquidBilly wrote:
Ahhh... For security they make you enter your billing zip code before you can pump. Today I entered a wrong # and it asked me to try again. That must be why TWO pends. Must have made ONE swipe look like TWO.

Yep that's exactly it.  Happens to me all the time, but the places I go to are usually $1.  If I use my USAA it's $100 pending.  

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 15 of 19
SquidBilly
New Contributor

UPDATE - I thought the second Pend would just drop off and all would be good. WRONG! One pend went away and gas charge showed up. Cool.... The second pend hung around like 3 days and fell off. Thought all was good... Today I got an account snapshot and low and behold... SHELL OIL double charged me! Just got off the phone with AMEX disputing the DOUBLE CHARGE! Not a lot of money but thats bull #$*!!!! So heads up everyone....
Message 16 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@SquidBilly wrote:
UPDATE - I thought the second Pend would just drop off and all would be good. WRONG! One pend went away and gas charge showed up. Cool.... The second pend hung around like 3 days and fell off. Thought all was good... Today I got an account snapshot and low and behold... SHELL OIL double charged me! Just got off the phone with AMEX disputing the DOUBLE CHARGE! Not a lot of money but thats bull #$*!!!! So heads up everyone....

Yea that sucks, but the most important thing is that you caught it right away.  I have only had this happen to me once before on a Visa at a gas station, but the charge was much smaller, like around $10.  I called and they took care of it, and I'm sure that Amex will too.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 19
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Amex was great. Said they would take care of it. Might take up to 30 days but not to worry. Thier support is always been top notch!
Message 18 of 19
SquidBilly
New Contributor

Thier support is always top notch!
**Stupid SMART Phone! Lol
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.