Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex platinum 75k

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Amex platinum 75k

75K points/$5k spending in 3 mos. Is it worth it? I understand there was/will be a 100k offer.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex platinum 75k

@DigitalArk wrote:
75K points/$5k spending in 3 mos. Is it worth it? I understand there was/will be a 100k offer.

I feel like you've answered your own question. If you know there's a 100k offer going around (and there always is), why settle for 75k?

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Not in my opinion wait to be targeted for 100k/3k spend or whatever the offer is.  5k for 75k mr's is high IMO

Message 3 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

I have not seen the 75k or 100k for a cuple of months.... Holiday time?

Message 4 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

There's definitely a 100k one going around, was either $1k or $3k (don't remember and threw away mailer), was good until later this month.

I fully expect to see another one right after it expires. They've been pretty consistent for at least the last year.

Message 5 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Unless you can make very heavy use of the perks in the next few months (lounge visits, meaningful hotel upgrades, etc.) I'd suggest waiting for 100k.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@iced wrote:

There's definitely a 100k one going around, was either $1k or $3k (don't remember and threw away mailer), was good until later this month.

I fully expect to see another one right after it expires. They've been pretty consistent for at least the last year.

AmEx's mailing has been really bad. 2-3 months after I received my BCE card, I received 4-5 more mail offers.  One month after I recieved the PRG card, there is one more mailing in the mail.

But all the AmEx Plat mailings I've received are the 60K offers....

Message 7 of 8
Essence
Contributor

I've recently made the decision to apply for the Amex Platnium next...now all I need is that 100k offer.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.