Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex platinum.

tag
Traveladdict
New Visitor

Amex platinum.

I was wondering if I would be approved for an Amex Platinum. I already have the Amex SPG and the Green card but I want the MB platinum instead of the Green. I'm not eligible for an green card upgrade since I just received it in august. If I apply for the MB platinum do you think I will be approved. That way I can just cancel the green card if approved. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex platinum.

No one is going to give you any informed opinion in the information you have provided - which isn't much. Since you already have Amex TLs, if you're denied, it won't be a HP. As for approval, it's hard to say without more information. What's your current UTL, aaoa, UTL, number of inqs, age of current Amex CCs, etc.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 6
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Like parakleet said, we'd need a bit more info.  However, since you've been approved for the SPG and the Green, I'd say you have a good shot at the Plat.  The requirements are pretty much the same for all their charge cards.  Can't hurt to try since its a SP if declined.

Message 3 of 6
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, you should not have a problem if you are a current cardholder.  I got my MB platinum about 2 months ago.  I had PRG, hilton, and BCE already.  all four within the last 8 months with 28 EX inq and still got it.  My EX FICO is around the 750 so YMMV.  btw, the 50k MR points hit right after I met the 3k spend.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 4 of 6
Traveladdict
New Visitor

My UTL is 0%. I pay all cards off in full each month. Aaoa is 3.5 years, 7 inquiries. I'm only 22 so I didn't know if that would play a big part in it.
Message 5 of 6
Traveladdict
New Visitor

Great. I think I'll get great use out of it since I travel a lot. But I didn't want to be declined since I just received my green and SPG cards from them
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.