Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex pre-approvals for current cardmembers

I got a delta 60k pre qualified offer in the mail last week 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the BCE about 2 months ago (. A month after that I received a PRG 50K point invitation by mail (2k spend in in 3 months). No online offers yet.

Message 12 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
@sjt have you been getting any pre-qual? You have been with Optima for more than 1 year right?

Any chance you got that 100K MR Platinum offer?

Havent been offered a 100K Platinum.

If you call customer service they can tell you if you have any pre-screened/pre-approved offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 18
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Ah I see. I got 6 more months before I can even try it. By then I will have so many cards lined up that I want that I am not sure what i am going to do if I do get an offer.

But hopefully I get a CLI that is not laughable. I can't do anything with 500 limit.
Message 14 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Ah I see. I got 6 more months before I can even try it. By then I will have so many cards lined up that I want that I am not sure what i am going to do if I do get an offer.

But hopefully I get a CLI that is not laughable. I can't do anything with 500 limit.

I think Amex loosed up on their 12 month waiting policy. You should call them up and see if they have any offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 15 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:
@sjt have you been getting any pre-qual? You have been with Optima for more than 1 year right?

Any chance you got that 100K MR Platinum offer?

Havent been offered a 100K Platinum.

If you call customer service they can tell you if you have any pre-screened/pre-approved offers.

Darwin- Call Amex to see if you are pre-approved for any offers.

Message 16 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

My friend was on the phone with Customer Service and they mentioned that they were pre-approved for a few card products, PRG, Delta, and Blue. He called back to confirm if this was actually they case and the second CSR confirmed it. Also confirmed that there would be no HP if they accepted any of the offers.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a targeted 50,000 point PRG offer through CardMatch back in October (It also showed a targeted offer for the platinum card--it was higher than the public offer, but it wasn't the 100,000 point offer).  That was my first AMEX card.  I got the SPG AMEX last month for the publicly available 35,000 Starpoint bonus (with a 15,000 CL).  I have not received any targeted offers since I first signed up for my PRG card.  To be fair, I don't need to be signing up for any cards right now anyway (I've gotten 7 in 7 months, so it's time for me to cool it off for a little while).

UPDATE: It occurred to me that none of these were technically pre-approvals.  So I suppose my answer to that question would be zero.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.