Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pre-selected, "two" funny

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Amex pre-selected, "two" funny

So I grab my mail on the way out to dinner, not one but two pre-selected offers in my mailbox today.

One for CostCo TE. One for Amex Blue.

Neither addressed to me (and I've lived here for 8 years and am a current Amex card member). In this case, 1+1=0.

I wonder what Amex thinks is going on in my apartment? Smiley Happy

        
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex pre-selected, "two" funny

@Revelate wrote:
So I grab my mail on the way out to dinner, not one but two pre-selected offers in my mailbox today.

Neither addressed to me (and I've lived here for 8 years and am a current Amex card member). In this case, 1+1=0.

Very interesting  1+1= hummmm Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ahh, that's kinda disappointing! We're they at least addressed to the same person?
Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Interesting, maybe the rprevious resident/s?

After 8 years one would think that they would have updated their databases.

Message 4 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Ahh, that's kinda disappointing! We're they at least addressed to the same person?

Ah, I forgot to mention that: they were actually to two different people; more amusingly, to single women by the salutation on the address.

        
Message 5 of 11
HiLine
Blogger

Message 6 of 11
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

There is a story on lowcards.com about amex being hit with a ddos from a "hacking group". They might have gotten the same preselected offers you got, and it ticked them off.

Edit to remove inappropriate ethnic reference.

Thanks,

webhopper

Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Do you receive any offers in your name?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Got one from Amex for a guy that had my POB over 12 years ago. He was also a target of CAs. I used to get tons of mail to him from CAs. My phone number was also associated with another couple of CA targets and I would often get phone calls these assorted CAs trying to extract money. One of them I found details about when I bought something in Sears and they entered my phone number.

Everytime you get a new phone number or POB they tend to come with "histories." Now that they are over 10 years old I haven't had dunning letters or calls in years.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 9 of 11
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:

There is a story on lowcards.com about amex being hit with a ddos from a "hacking group". They might have gotten the same preselected offers you got, and it ticked them off.

Edit to remove inappropriate ethnic reference.

Thanks,

webhopper

I would not have put the story as such, except that was the story that was reported. Since it is a new group, self professed by the way, I listed it that way. AMEX was also hit as part of he massive spammer ddos from last month. Oh well. The world aint what it used to be.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.