Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex preapproval link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex preapproval link

where do you go to look for pre approval offers with banks that you don't have any credit cards with??
Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked the offers for me link with amex. all the blue cards, gold rewards plus and platinum. If the fee wasn't almost 500 bux Id get the platinum but seeing as how it IS 500 I don't do enough traveling to justify that.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked this link and it said I didn't have any and gave the reasons why. One of them was I might already be a card member.  I clicked the "see if any cardmember offers are available for you" link and entered in my old username and password and it came of with my special offers that include Platinum, Gold, Blue and Blue Sky.  Would I be approved??

Here is my situation with Amex.  I had a AU Gold card on my parents accounts  from 94-00.  I then had my own Gold from 00-03 until I got behind.  I immediately paid off the account and they closed it and offered me the Optima.  I paid on time with the optima, but they eventually closed the account in 05 b/c of my overall credit.  I recently got my personal Gold card that I had back in 00-03 that I was behind on removed from my CR via a GW letter.  The optima shows perfect payment history, but closed at credit grantor's request.  Also for some reason the old AU on my parent's account I had popped back up on my TU & EX report as open/paid as agreed/never late.  It is showing as Not Responsible which I am sure is b/c of AU.

Do you think I would actually get approved for "my offers" they are showing?  FYI I can sign in to the system with my username and password, but if I try to look at my accounts it was me to enter my card number and the CID code.
Message 13 of 33
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

hi hgolf, it is hard to tell. If you dont mind a hard inq, since there is an offer app for it and see what happens.
Message 14 of 33
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I went to web . they offer me blue cash , I applied and approve 5000k . now I have delta cl 2500 (changed to blue 4 month ago ) now I have real blue cash , I don't know what can I do with the first one .( delta ) thannks you guys . first time I have CL up to 5k . aslo capital one refi my car 8.45 % . and new house 190k . too many inq in 3 CRAs . my score down really bad now . now no more apply for me in 2 years . Thanks a lot you guys .
2/2007 my fico very low 500 . in one years I have alot of thing new . ( credit cards . bmw . new house ) wow I am so happy I did I am done in one year. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 33
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi dang, congtras on your Blue Card. May I ask what is your EX Fico score when you applied for the blue card?
Message 16 of 33
akindofmagic
New Contributor

I just checked to see If I had any pre-approvals but alas and alack I do not.  They send me offers in the mail pretty regularly - I wonder why I don't have any offers on-line?  My scores (fresh off my fico yesterday afternoon) are 729 tu, 776 eq & 798 exp.

Oh well, I need to get an auto loan in 2 months anyway so I suppose I will wait until after that to apply for anything else. 
Message 17 of 33
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

EX : 692 and many company full my CR in one month . total 37 inq.
Message 18 of 33
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Dang. I have 39 inq's on my EX, but my scores dropped to 639 couple of days ago as my car loan posted on my CR. I am planning on paying off 40% off the loan before the next statement so my scores can go back up again. I have platinum now, I want to get a biz blue. I guess I have to wait few more months for my scores to go up.
Message 19 of 33
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy don't pay auto loan off 40% it not help you at all . just pay ontime . after 6 moth everything should be ok . try to pay your cc down . and keep under 10% it should be help you alot . If you charge big money on your cc . pay them off befor closing day . and keep 5$ on balance .let them report to CRAs you using the cards .
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.