Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 117
Registered: ‎08-20-2007
0

Amex preapproval link

I know I saw somewhere that Amex had a link that would let you check for preapproved offers like HASB and BoA. Does anyone know this link?
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

Regular Contributor
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎11-11-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

Just curious,
If I am already a card member, I clicked on the see my exclusive card member offers and it showed that I am eligible for the platinum and gold card, as well as blue and blue sky. Is that a pre approval?

I have applied for a cli for my current delta card and they have denied me on the basis that my scores are too low, so why would they offer me another card?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link



gNaRKiLL wrote:
Just curious,
If I am already a card member, I clicked on the see my exclusive card member offers and it showed that I am eligible for the platinum and gold card, as well as blue and blue sky. Is that a pre approval?

I have applied for a cli for my current delta card and they have denied me on the basis that my scores are too low, so why would they offer me another card?

Those are the same cards everyone gets.  I doubt it's a real preapproval.

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

i have no idea how firm the pre-approval actually is. i haven't been brave enough to test it myself. i have seen one or two approvals, but not sure if anyone has been declined when apping based from the the link.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link



dnm45227 wrote:
i have no idea how firm the pre-approval actually is. i haven't been brave enough to test it myself. i have seen one or two approvals, but not sure if anyone has been declined when apping based from the the link.


Well, I don't have any idea either really.  But don't you think it's odd that everyone gets the same cards?
 
Since we know different Amex cards have different underwriting standards, wouldn't a true preapproval offer cards that fit the applicant's credit profile?
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,432
Registered: ‎08-27-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link



cheddar wrote:


dnm45227 wrote:
i have no idea how firm the pre-approval actually is. i haven't been brave enough to test it myself. i have seen one or two approvals, but not sure if anyone has been declined when apping based from the the link.


Well, I don't have any idea either really.  But don't you think it's odd that everyone gets the same cards?
 
Since we know different Amex cards have different underwriting standards, wouldn't a true preapproval offer cards that fit the applicant's credit profile?
 



exactly why i'm not brave enough to pull the trigger. even though we are planning to go to london this month and i would love to have the lounge access and the concierge to help w/hotel reservations. anyone know if they will still offer this since i only have a plat delta?
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 285
Registered: ‎06-05-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

back on one of the old threads, one or two people tried and said they were approvaled... this preapproval link may not be a hoax after allSmiley Wink
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

I was approved for plat when I apped through this link. I think it is possible preapproval.
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Amex preapproval link

[ Edited ]
Didn't I see something about, if you're already a member, a genuinely pre-approved card will appear at the top of some sort of list on your account page? Seems like I just read this yesterday.

Since AmEx won't let me in at the moment, and I'm still crouched outside their kitchen door, hoping that they will offer me some scraps, I don't know what members' account pages look like. Yet. Smiley Wink

edit: cna't speel Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-05-2008 03:54 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.