Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex preapproval question

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Amex preapproval question

Hm, the Zync uses a different rewards structure than the green, gold, or platinum charge cards.  They use the same rewards table as the blue cards; namely, can't transfer points to frequent flyer program of your choice, and lesser conversion rate.

Some of your accrued Zync points many not fully transfer over to the other charge cards, but if you were willing to forfeit them--or convert them on the lesser conversion rate--I don't see why you can't simply upgrade to a card of your choice.  Or, you can just apply, take advantage of any pre selected offers, then cancel your Zync afterwards.  The only downside is if you wanted to keep your account number for any kind of recurring pay/charges you've set up.

Message 11 of 13
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

finally preapproved for the first time

same thing here. i have been preselected for platinum, green, and zync; but not for the gold for premier gold. i thought this was strange too because i would think one would need a higher score to achieve the platinum card. i wish they would have preselected me for their revolving cards however.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: finally preapproved for the first time

@scottwagnon wrote:

same thing here. i have been preselected for platinum, green, and zync; but not for the gold for premier gold. i thought this was strange too because i would think one would need a higher score to achieve the platinum card. i wish they would have preselected me for their revolving cards however.

A guess: the others require money up front (I think), while the Gold's fee is waived for the first year.

* goes to hide under table while posts showing otherwise flood in *  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.