Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex prequal vs CK prequal promos

tag
GA8080
Contributor

Amex prequal vs CK prequal promos

Help! I am showing the BCE prequal with no intro rate and 23% on the Amex website. CK shows very good odds for the same card with 0% for 12 months. Is there a difference in odds of approval if I apply through CK with the better terms? I'm afraid to try for the better terms and get denied.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex prequal vs CK prequal promos

@GA8080 wrote:
Help! I am showing the BCE prequal with no intro rate and 23% on the Amex website. CK shows very good odds for the same card with 0% for 12 months. Is there a difference in odds of approval if I apply through CK with the better terms? I'm afraid to try for the better terms and get denied.

Just apply directly from the Amex page for the 0% offer.  CK is a marketing tool and doesn't represent any kind of preapproval.  

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/blue-cash-everyday/

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK ratings are worthless, just marketing.  Amex prequals are pretty solid though, especially if it's telling you that you don't get the intro and have a specific APR.  Based on you interest rate and lack of an intro, I'm guessing you barely qualify.  May want to consider waiting for the offer to get better.  Not sure where you are on your journey.  What is your Exp FICO score?

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Id take an Amex prequal over CK anyday. Think about this. CK represents your TU and EQ credit reports. Amex pulls EX. Things that make you go hmmmSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also trust the Amex website pre-approval. The CK approval odds are essentially junk and mostly based on how much money they make from promoting credit cards. Even their Vantage scoring method is not used by Amex in assessing credit card apps.
Message 5 of 6
drboxing
Established Contributor

I wouldn't put any confidence in CK preapprovals CK's is a marketing tool. I never had a preapproval on Amex site, I applied for my Delta Gold on the Drlta Airlines site and was approved

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.