Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex prescreened offers

tag
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Amex prescreened offers

Does anyone know how long prescreened offers usually last on the Amex site? Last month it was showing me a charge card and both the Blue sky cards. This month it is showing the no annual fee Blue Sky, Blue card and BCP. The BCP has a $250 reward dollars offer after $1k spend in the first 3 months.

I had planned on apping for BCE in August to let the cards I got in January (Barclay and another Chase) age 6months . But with this offer, I may just go for it in 2 weeks after my cards report for this month. A couple of them are showing a small balance from last month as well as the card I'm an AU on showing a balance. I also want my CLI from Cap1 to report before apping.

Also, does anyone know if there is a minimum income needed for this card? I only make ~$23k year and almost have that in available credit already, hope that won't be an issue.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Re: Amex prescreened offers

Your income is fine as long as your credit history is good. I've seen a couple of students get approved for the BCP/BCE with only a 10k-15k income.

Message 2 of 6
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I very curious about this, as well.  I got my first prescreened offers last night.  It was for the Gold, Green and Blue Sky.  Do you remember your 'welcome offer' for the Blue Sky?  Mine was 17% APR and 15,000 points when I spend $250 in the first 3 months.  The spend vs the points seems low (but very nice).  It seemed like a solid offer.  I'm currently reporting 27% util but by next Wednesday, I'll be right at 1%.   I don't think I'll apply until the end of next week.

Do you think your offers changed from one month to the next based on a possible change in util or credit score?  What's weird about mine... I checked all three bureaus today and couldn't find a SP by AMEX.  Maybe it takes a day or so to show but I found it kind of weird they offered a specific rate, had the opt out prescreen blurb on the page and offered a special welcome points offering yet I don't see a SP.  Was that also your experience?

I think your income should be fine with your scores.  Like the previous post, I've read about students getting approved with lower income than yours.  

Good luck if you apply.

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 3 of 6
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

I very curious about this, as well.  I got my first prescreened offers last night.  It was for the Gold, Green and Blue Sky.  Do you remember your 'welcome offer' for the Blue Sky?  Mine was 17% APR and 15,000 points when I spend $250 in the first 3 months.  The spend vs the points seems low (but very nice).  It seemed like a solid offer.  I'm currently reporting 27% util but by next Wednesday, I'll be right at 1%.   I don't think I'll apply until the end of next week.

Do you think your offers changed from one month to the next based on a possible change in util or credit score?  What's weird about mine... I checked all three bureaus today and couldn't find a SP by AMEX.  Maybe it takes a day or so to show but I found it kind of weird they offered a specific rate, had the opt out prescreen blurb on the page and offered a special welcome points offering yet I don't see a SP.  Was that also your experience?

I think your income should be fine with your scores.  Like the previous post, I've read about students getting approved with lower income than yours.  

Good luck if you apply.

The Blue Sky offer was a mailed offer (snail mail) and I know I threw it away because I don't travel at all. It doesn't show me anything about that offer online, just says to refer to the mailing. It does show the lowest apr for the BCP and Blue card in the online offers.

I've checked both my EX and TU reports and they haven't softed me on either since December so I'm not sure why they changed. I can't check my EQ yet because they couldn't verify my identity online when I tried a couple days ago and had to go the phone route so they are mailing it to me within 15 days. My scores are lower now than in my sig from the new accounts reporting but I haven't checked to see what they are at right now. Util doesn't go over 10% as I don't have many expenses and is only at 4% right now including the AU account.

My credit history is thin but strong. No derogs of any kind. AAoA is 8yrs 3mo (all revolving cc's) now that the new cards have reported. The amount of new CL that I've obtained recently may be a little concering to them since their last soft doesn't show the $6.9k barclay, $5k cli from Cap1 or the $500 from chase. Also, if their algorithem doesn't ignore AU accts then they will see another $14k from that added last month. I'm thinking I'll wait until after the 15th when all my cards should have reported for the month, make sure Barclays doesn't have a fit over the CLI etc and then probably go for it. That sign up bonus is just too good to pass up if it expires soon Smiley Happy

Good luck to you as well if you decide to go for the Blue Sky.

And thank you Twas_Sovereign for your input as well.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 4 of 6
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

I hope we can both report back as AMEX account holders doing the happy approval dance.  Good luck, CelticLady.  I wish you the best.  Please report back when you decide to app.  I'm very interested in the result. 

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 5 of 6
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

Good luck if you apply.

I just checked again to make sure the BCP offer is still the same and it is. However, it now shows the Blue Sky as a "New Preescreened online offer" and has the same terms as the offer you got.  They have not done a new soft on EX yet so it may be the same offer they had sent me in the mail previously for that card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.