Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex product change

tag
DerekD
New Contributor

Amex product change

So I have the new amex everyday card and was curious if I could do a product change to the amex spg? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex product change

@DerekD wrote:

So I have the new amex everyday card and was curious if I could do a product change to the amex spg? 

You'll have to wait 13 months for a PC. 

Message 2 of 10
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@DerekD wrote:

As Lexie said you will have to wait, but why the thought to do a PC?

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

In addition to the answers above, we know that AMEX will not allow a PC TO the Everyday card, but I think this is the first instance I've read where someone wants to PC AWAY from the new Everyday card.  It's possible that AMEX won't allow a PC at all, either direction.  Best bet is to call them and ask. 

Message 4 of 10
Josh2942
Established Contributor

That's not true. If your in good standing they will product change you to a card that you would have been eligible for if you applied for it before the 13 months. I was offered a product change when I asked on my blue card to the BCE SPG sky and delta. My gold could have been changed to a platinum. So it's possible.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Josh2942 wrote:
That's not true. If your in good standing they will product change you to a card that you would have been eligible for if you applied for it before the 13 months. I was offered a product change when I asked on my blue card to the BCE SPG sky and delta. My gold could have been changed to a platinum. So it's possible.

You can downgrade at anytime, you can go no AF to no AF too.  If you were lucky enough to go from a no AF to an AF card,then it was a mistake. 

Message 6 of 10
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

You are the first case I have heard of where someone was offered to PC before the 13 months is up. Either way, maybe Amex is becoming more flexible. How long ago was this offered?

Message 7 of 10
Luscher
Valued Contributor

you are able to be "upgraded" on some cards before 13 months. like from green to gold, if it is available for your account. but you cannot not product change before 13 months from blue to a charge (if they will even allow you to change a revolver to a charge after 13)
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Luscher wrote:
you are able to be "upgraded" on some cards before 13 months. like from green to gold, if it is available for your account. but you cannot not product change before 13 months from blue to a charge (if they will even allow you to change a revolver to a charge after 13)

Same questions was asked yesterday on this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/American-Express-Green/td-p/3068718

Does it happen? Yes

Is it supposed to before 13 months? Nope

Message 9 of 10
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Not knowing to whom you are responding, I'll put it in the context of the original question from the OP.  We know that AMEX will NOT PC TO the Everyday card.  That is a stated position from AMEX.  We don't know for sure about PC AWAY from the Everyday card, since it's a new card and that's not come up much (here or elsewhere, such as the AMEX Community) as a discussion item.  In the context of the OP's original question, my advice still remains...call AMEX and ask. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.