Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex punishing me?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex punishing me?

Sunnybity:

When you originally apped with Amex, what was your stated income? And was it individual or HHI? What is your total avaible credit?
Message 11 of 16
Sunnybity
Contributor

@fused wrote:
Sunnybity:
When you originally apped with Amex, what was your stated income? And was it individual or HHI? What is your total avaible credit?

My stated income was about 45000 and I applied as an individual. My available credit now is about $200. Just a week ago I had about$600+ available on the blue. Slowly but surely its going down down down.
Message 12 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Forget about balances for now. What were the CLs on all of your CCs including the Amex cards before Amex took AA (adverse action).
Message 13 of 16
Sunnybity
Contributor

When they first reduced my cl my balances on 2 other cards were carrying very high balances. I have since reduced the balances on those cards which I'm sure have attributed to my score moving up.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I'm lucky I don't have AMEX...if I observed that sort of behavior on my account, without good cause, I'd be calling their customer care, asking for supervisors, and telling them to either stop the ducking and f'ing (if you're ex-military or grew up in a military family, you can fill in the missing letters), or close my account and be done with it.

I think Amex gets away with a lot of what it gets away with because people are willing to accept it.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:

Any bad stuff going on with your other creditors such as late payments or high util? Have your CLs significantly increased over last couple of months?

Message Edited by fused on 08-16-2008 01:34 PM

Are you saying that an increase in available credit could cause AA?  My AMEX was opened in April, and I was hoping to ask for CLIs on two of my other cards in October.  Bad idea?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.