Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question what does MSD mean?

tag
newdaddy113
Regular Contributor

Amex question what does MSD mean?

Hello All,

What does MSD mean as related to Amex? I applied for an amex card on Jan 2. 2014 and was instanltly approved. Does that mean I count my 61 days from Jan.2th?

Amex Green Card (NPSL) 03/13 - BOA ($7200) 03/13 - WELLS FARGO ($500) 03/13 - DISCOVER IT ($5800) 12/13 Amex delta gold ($18,400) 1/1/14. Amex Gold Business Card (NPSL) 1/2/14. Chase Freedom($7900) 1/9/14 NavyFederal ($25000) 1/16/14 Best Buy ($1000) 8/4/14 Barclays Arrival Plus($12500) 1/29/16 Chase CSP($20000) 1/29/16 Penfed Platinum Rewards ($16000) 1/29/16 NavyFed goRewards ($5000) 1/29/16.
Credit Score EX- 760 EQ- 735 TU- 763 Oldest account 3.2yrs aaoa 2.2 yrs.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex question what does MSD mean?

@newdaddy113 wrote:

Hello All,

What does MSD mean as related to Amex? I applied for an amex card on Jan 2. 2014 and was instanltly approved. Does that mean I count my 61 days from Jan.2th?

MSD means member since date, which all future Amex's you get will be backdated to. And yes, it is 61 days from approval date. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 2 of 8
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

MSD is member since date the date you became a amex card holder.

Message 3 of 8
newUser0
Established Contributor

If you had applied on Dec 31 and your 2nd card on Jan 2 2014. Your 2nd card would have a open date reported as Jan 2 2013

Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@newdaddy113 wrote:

Hello All,

Once you lock in your MSD (Member Since Date) the year of subsequent cc's will reflect your MSD.  Additional cc's*, will reflect the month of THAT card and the year of your MSD.  

If you are a primary cardholder, your CR's will be backdated as well.  Amex recently changed their policy to exclude the CR backdating for ACMs - when you become a primary, your CR's would be backdated for YOUR new cc. 

To answer your other question, the 61 days is from account CREATION not necessarily approval.  To verify your account creation, you can ask Amex or if you have access to EQ or TU CRs, they actually use the mm/dd/yyyy feature for TLs. EX uses mm/yy

*personal cards - business cards it's a YMMV 

Message 5 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@newdaddy113 wrote:

Hello All,

Once you lock in your MSD (Member Since Date) the year of subsequent cc's will reflect your MSD.  Additional cc's*, will reflect the month of THAT card and the year of your MSD.  

If you are a primary cardholder, your CR's will be backdated as well.  Amex recently changed their policy to exclude the CR backdating for ACMs - when you become a primary, your CR's would be backdated for YOUR new cc. 

To answer your other question, the 61 days is from account CREATION not necessarily approval.  To verify your account creation, you can ask Amex or if you have access to EQ or TU CRs, they actually use the mm/dd/yyyy feature for TLs. EX uses mm/yy

What counts as the account creation date? I was basing my 61 days from the date of approval (in my case also 1/2). It took a few weeks for me to get the card and they had to send out a replacement since the first one never arrived! If the 61 day mark is still a few weeks away then this is going to really screw me up in a major way with my cli request/new app. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@red259 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@newdaddy113 wrote:

Hello All,

What counts as the account creation date? I was basing my 61 days from the date of approval (in my case also 1/2). It took a few weeks for me to get the card and they had to send out a replacement since the first one never arrived! If the 61 day mark is still a few weeks away then this is going to really screw me up in a major way with my cli request/new app. 

The account creation can either be the same day or the following day of approval.  It has nothing to do with the day you receive the cc because your account had already been created. 

It has been mentioned before, people have been approved instantly and they cannot get the information on CL or APR. They are told to call back in usually 24 hours- the accounts are being created. 

The best way to determine eligibility, is to either call or if you were sent an email to register your account for online access. 

Message 7 of 8
SquidBilly
New Contributor

If you have a new acct you can find your creation date by going to the full site. Log in and click on account home. Then scroll down and click on view APR. A window will pop up with your intro offer and what not. On the bottom of the window click on APR history. Another window will pop up and your acct date will be at the very top.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.