Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question

tag
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Amex question

I tried searching for the answer but I had no luck to my question. 

How soon after getting your card can you apply for another Amex card? I had mine 1 month (Zync)

I seen some threads say if your already a member it will be a soft if your pre-approved in their system if not it would be a hard? or if your "not pre-approved they won't pull you at all" is this true?

I really want the BCP but I don't know what to do!

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex question

Since you have a charge card and want a credit card product, you can apply now.

It will be a HARD pull.

However if you sign into your account and then go to apply for additional cards you can by-pass most of the regular application because Amex will fill in the stuff and just ask a couple questions and BAM instant answer usually.

Message 2 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Ok next question, I have 2 inq from last month one being Amex for the Zync, and one from Citi (approved $4000CL)

and then...

3 from 5months ago.

1 from 10months

1 from 11months

1 from 12months

4 from 14months ago 2 if you count the 3 as1 for my auto loan

Do I dare apply? Would they see that as too many inq's?

I know my score should be (I would think) lower 700's if not even a little better but don't know for sure unfortunately.

Suggestions? Thoughts?  Help...

Message 3 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I wouldn't worry about the INQ.

Once you are a cardmember your score with them only improves in my opinion as long as you are spending on the card and paying in full.

Message 4 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the INQ.

Once you are a cardmember your score with them only improves in my opinion as long as you are spending on the card and paying in full.

Yes, I used that poor little card a lot last month, paying it off right after I used it too.

Do you think I would stand a good chance at being approved for the CC?

Message 5 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes

Message 6 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Ok it wasn't an instant decision it just said "Your application has been received you will be notified in 7 to 14 days thanks for applying"

so I went to the app status and....

09/22/11          BLUE CASH PREFERRED(SMS)         Approved          Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days. If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer.

But how do I know the limit? Do I have to wait to get the card?

And Thanks Creditaddict! I don't think I would of apped with out ya. Now I can officially join the Garden club I wanted a rewards card and now I got it YAHOO!!!

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call the good people at AMEX. They should be able to tell you.

Message 8 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

I am unbelievably happy they approved me for $6000!!!!!!!!!

eta: it appears they matched the Discover that I'm an AU on. Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

SWEET! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.