Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question

tag
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex question

I only received the letter telling me I was approved and it told me my credit score.

It didn't give me the amount of the card or the APR, but it makes me think that I didn't get the best rate which will either be 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% but I won't know until I get my actual card. I didn't even think to ask what it was when I called to find out what the limit was, because I was to awe struck over the limit they gave me lol.

And thanks again!

Message 21 of 28
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Mekitcat wrote:

I only received the letter telling me I was approved and it told me my credit score.

It didn't give me the amount of the card or the APR, but it makes me think that I didn't get the best rate which will either be 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% but I won't know until I get my actual card. I didn't even think to ask what it was when I called to find out what the limit was, because I was to awe struck over the limit they gave me lol.

And thanks again!

It will be good intel for us when you find out!!!

I forgot about that CL, now I really hate you...LOL

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@winstars wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

And thanks again!

It will be good intel for us when you find out!!!

I forgot about that CL, now I really hate you...LOL

Lol

You'll get your card soon enough Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, it is roughly 6 months of not applying anything except Amex. I started with the Zync in June, then SPG Amex in January. and I just got the platinum delta this month. 

Message 24 of 28
saaws
New Contributor

My guess would be that you got the 20.24% APR.  With my EX score on Amex BCP card, they gave me 22.24% APR with 737 EX score.  I read somewhere on this forum that if you get the lowest APR, they would not send the score report or something like that... I doubt your APR was as high as mine.  Did you get 12 months 0% intro APR?

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 25 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@saaws wrote:

My guess would be that you got the 20.24% APR.  With my EX score on Amex BCP card, they gave me 22.24% APR with 737 EX score.  I read somewhere on this forum that if you get the lowest APR, they would not send the score report or something like that... I doubt your APR was as high as mine.  Did you get 12 months 0% intro APR? Yes I got the intro but it is only for 6months

I forgot to update this thread. I did get the highest apr 22.24%, but I'm still happy I recieved the card none the less Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@winstars wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

Wow! I just recieved my EX fico from AMEX and it was better than I thought! 749!! Yea!!

I am so on track now.  I have come so far after losing everything years ago. It can only get better from here!!

I am beyond words happy!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Congrats again!!! So you got a snail mail letter from AMEX with your official approval and it gave you your  EX FICO scrore??? Did they tell you the APR for the card??? I thought if approved you did not receive a score, unless you don't receive the most favorable terms ie APR wise??? But I have read so many AMEX threads here that maybe I am wrong.

Congrats!!! and very nice starting limit. Regarding the credit score, I believe all CC issuers have to provide a credit score whether approved or denied per the new FACTA and cc laws

Message 27 of 28
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I'm jealious! Smiley Tongue

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.