Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎06-23-2011
0

Re: Amex question

I only received the letter telling me I was approved and it told me my credit score.

 

It didn't give me the amount of the card or the APR, but it makes me think that I didn't get the best rate which will either be 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% but I won't know until I get my actual card. I didn't even think to ask what it was when I called to find out what the limit was, because I was to awe struck over the limit they gave me lol.

 

And thanks again!


Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+


Regular Contributor
Posts: 158
Registered: ‎06-27-2011
0

Re: Amex question


Mekitcat wrote:

I only received the letter telling me I was approved and it told me my credit score.

 

It didn't give me the amount of the card or the APR, but it makes me think that I didn't get the best rate which will either be 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% but I won't know until I get my actual card. I didn't even think to ask what it was when I called to find out what the limit was, because I was to awe struck over the limit they gave me lol.

 

And thanks again!


It will be good intel for us when you find out!!!

 

I forgot about that CL, now I really hate you...LOL



Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎06-23-2011
0

Re: Amex question


winstars wrote:

Mekitcat wrote:

I only received the letter telling me I was approved and it told me my credit score.

 

It didn't give me the amount of the card or the APR, but it makes me think that I didn't get the best rate which will either be 17.24%, 20.24% or 22.24% but I won't know until I get my actual card. I didn't even think to ask what it was when I called to find out what the limit was, because I was to awe struck over the limit they gave me lol.

 

And thanks again!


It will be good intel for us when you find out!!!

 

I forgot about that CL, now I really hate you...LOL


Lol

 

You'll get your card soon enough Smiley Wink


Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+


New Member
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎02-27-2011
0

Re: Amex question

yes, it is roughly 6 months of not applying anything except Amex. I started with the Zync in June, then SPG Amex in January. and I just got the platinum delta this month. 

New Contributor
Posts: 63
Registered: ‎09-02-2010
0

Re: Amex question

My guess would be that you got the 20.24% APR.  With my EX score on Amex BCP card, they gave me 22.24% APR with 737 EX score.  I read somewhere on this forum that if you get the lowest APR, they would not send the score report or something like that... I doubt your APR was as high as mine.  Did you get 12 months 0% intro APR?

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎06-23-2011
0

Re: Amex question


saaws wrote:

My guess would be that you got the 20.24% APR.  With my EX score on Amex BCP card, they gave me 22.24% APR with 737 EX score.  I read somewhere on this forum that if you get the lowest APR, they would not send the score report or something like that... I doubt your APR was as high as mine.  Did you get 12 months 0% intro APR? Yes I got the intro but it is only for 6months



I forgot to update this thread. I did get the highest apr 22.24%, but I'm still happy I recieved the card none the less Smiley Happy


Starting Score:4/5/11 TU 660 fico, EQ 634 fico, EX 647 (Credit Inform)
Current Score:07/04/12 Myfico TU 690 Walmart fico 702, EQ 660 fico 07/05/12, EX fico 689 06/03/2012 (Amex)
Goal Score: 750+


Established Contributor
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011
0

Re: Amex question


winstars wrote:

Mekitcat wrote:

Wow! I just recieved my EX fico from AMEX and it was better than I thought! 749!! Yea!!

 

I am so on track now.  I have come so far after losing everything years ago. It can only get better from here!!

 

I am beyond words happy!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy



Congrats again!!! So you got a snail mail letter from AMEX with your official approval and it gave you your  EX FICO scrore??? Did they tell you the APR for the card??? I thought if approved you did not receive a score, unless you don't receive the most favorable terms ie APR wise??? But I have read so many AMEX threads here that maybe I am wrong.


Congrats!!! and very nice starting limit. Regarding the credit score, I believe all CC issuers have to provide a credit score whether approved or denied per the new FACTA and cc laws


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 380
Registered: ‎06-01-2011
0

Re: Amex question

Congrats! I'm jealious! Smiley Tongue
 
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.