Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question

tag
TrishN
Established Contributor

Amex question

i received my BCE today. it said member 2013. but on the website said 2005. so what is wrong with it?

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
aplast
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex question

@TrishN wrote:

i received my BCE today. it said member 2013. but on the webside said 2005. so what is wrong with it?

@Send them an email - or tweet them @askamex

They should send you a new updated card promptly. Seems to be a pretty common thing with amex.

Message 2 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Call Amex dude

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 7
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@TrishN wrote:

i received my BCE today. it said member 2013. but on the webside said 2005. so what is wrong with it?

I just got my BCE in today as well...same problem.  I had a previous card that I opened in 2009 and later, I closed it.  On the account screen it says "Thank you for being a cardmember since 2009" and when I received my card today it says "Member Since: 13" on it.

Long story short, I called the number on the back of my card and was basically told I cannot request a new card for another week...so I don't know what the deal is.  I may try sending an email or calling up the Executive Office.  Let us know if you have any success and I shall do the same.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 4 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

The only thing that matters is what is reported to the credit agencies, and I think experience shows that what is on the web site is what is reported.  So you don't really need a replacement card.

Message 5 of 7
Open123
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

The only thing that matters is what is reported to the credit agencies, and I think experience shows that what is on the web site is what is reported.  So you don't really need a replacement card.

Right, your "member since" date in your online accounts is what is reported to the CRs.  After a while, new cards or replacements will automatically have the "Member Since" date listed correctly on the cards.

Message 6 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

As others have noted, it's the date shown on the website that will be reported, so the date shown on the card really isn't of any consequence. However, as aplast said, they will send you out a card with your original membership date on it if you contact them and request it. The same thing happened to me when I got my Amex Green and they replaced the card promptly with one that shows my original membership date.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.