09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex question

1eyebandit wrote:

Vegas247 wrote:

1eyebandit wrote:

takeshi74 wrote:

1eyebandit wrote:

I just curious on the different credit limits.  Does anyone have any insight?

What about the different credit limits?  You can't just expect limits to be the same if that's what you're wondering.  My BCP was issued with a $12.5K limit.  Several months later I apped for the TE and received a $6.9K limit.

With my BCP I got 1k with a 22.99 ARP.  This is my lowest CL and my worst APR.  But got approved for TE 15.24 APR and higher CL.  Just curious I guess.

Only thing would be is different underwriting guidelines

I agree but I got the following

CSP -18k 15.99%

Freedom - 15k 13.99%

NFCU - 25K - Lowest rate 

NavCheck 15k - 16%(??)

Amex BCP - 1k 22.99% - Wierd

You cannot compare or assume the UW would be the same for each card even with the same lender.  The TE only has 1 APR just like the CSP.  Why did you receive a higher rate on the BCP and the lowest CL? Sounds like your file was viewed as more of a risk.  If those 5 TLs are less than 6 mos old, I would suggest letting them age before adding any new HP's. 

Message 11 of 12
1eyebandit
Valued Member

Re: Amex question

@09Lexie wrote:

@1eyebandit wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@1eyebandit wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@1eyebandit wrote:

I just curious on the different credit limits.  Does anyone have any insight?

What about the different credit limits?  You can't just expect limits to be the same if that's what you're wondering.  My BCP was issued with a $12.5K limit.  Several months later I apped for the TE and received a $6.9K limit.

With my BCP I got 1k with a 22.99 ARP.  This is my lowest CL and my worst APR.  But got approved for TE 15.24 APR and higher CL.  Just curious I guess.

Only thing would be is different underwriting guidelines

I agree but I got the following

CSP -18k 15.99%

Freedom - 15k 13.99%

NFCU - 25K - Lowest rate 

NavCheck 15k - 16%(??)

Amex BCP - 1k 22.99% - Wierd

You cannot compare or assume the UW would be the same for each card even with the same lender.  The TE only has 1 APR just like the CSP.  Why did you receive a higher rate on the BCP and the lowest CL? Sounds like your file was viewed as more of a risk.  If those 5 TLs are less than 6 mos old, I would suggest letting them age before adding any new HP's. 

Thanks Lexie.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.