Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex question

I applied for amex gold charge and was denied for insufficient histroy. i have 15 months history and 2 old (94 03) AU accounts. Would it be easier to get approved for blue? How long between apps? I want an amex because i am au on one and hoping the age will transfer due to amex backdating which would help my credit length. My EQ FICO is currently 787 and all my reports look the same so i imagine they are all in the upper 700 range. Owing is 900\24k total limit so util is low
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex question

Hi Hot

First-

I do not think you will receive a blue since you were decline for the gold. In today's times it is easier to get a charge card because you have to pay in full at the end of the month. Also they like to receive an annual fee from you to have this card. Unfortunately it is easier to get a gold charge card than the blue.

Second-

You are an AU on another Amex card. I am sorry to tell you this but even if you got a card of your own, they will not transfer the member since date and history from the AU card you are presently on to this new card you will have ownership of..

You have authorization however you are not a primary owner therefore you will not be able to get your card having the same history. That history belongs to someone else, the primary account owner, and not you. Sorry but they wont transfer the history. Just wanted you to know so if you do get the card, you will understand it will not help your history.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.