Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex " High Value Cardmember"

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Amex " High Value Cardmember"

CSRs can call me whatever the heck they want, as long as they solve my problem.

As far as "premium customer service," I'd hardly call the citi prestige line premium. They're about as useful as a sack of potatoes.
Message 21 of 51
cyclesport45
Established Member

"High value cardmember" equals "I want you to rate my customer service highly" after this phone call ends.   Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Chase Freedom(5.3K), Citi Double Cash (8.8K). Citi Thank You Preferred(10.2K) DCU Platinum Rewards(10K), REI Visa(9.6K) Amex Blue Sky(5K), Amex Blue Cash Preferred (20K), Crate & Barrel (3.5K) Discover IT(16.5K) CSP (28K)
Message 22 of 51
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

The potato can do a great many things....

@jsucool76 wrote:

As far as "premium customer service," I'd hardly call the citi prestige line premium. They're about as useful as a sack of potatoes.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

i actually LOL'd 

Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing! I just didnt want to risk coming off as confrontational.  Smiley Wink  You have a way with words lol  (and now, I just realized I was hungry)

Message 25 of 51
rlx01
Established Contributor

@jsucool76: my Citi Prestige reps have been great.

Citigold... Argh. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 51
red259
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

I was on the phone with Amex today and had a nice conversation with the CSR. He mentioned that I was noted in their system as a "high value cardmember." Has anyone heard of this or are any Amex members aware if they have the same notation? Or is this a line of crap from Amex.

I've been told what a great amex customer I am, although I don't know if they used the exact term "high value card member". Unless they are sending you an invitation for their invitation only credit cards I doubt that you are marked in their file as truly high value. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 27 of 51
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

All of the issuers have internal designations to segment accounts based on many factors, such as spend. High Value is a very commonly used status but most reps are trained to say you are a valued customer even if you really aren't. So even if you're super low value, they won't tell you. One way to ascertain your status is ask to close, frontline reps can usually just immediately cancel without any offers or transfers but more valuable accounts get offers. This isn't always an indicator, especially if you already received a retention offer. Another method is if you are sent to more escalated/senior reps in the US when you call or are usually transferred because the rep can't access/service your account, this is usually an indication that you are a valuable account. Of course this example doesn't apply to certain cards that always get enhanced reps by default like Citi Prestige or CSP.

you're almost right.
except for the part in bold.
if you're a chase wealth client...either by association (someone in your family) or even if you used to work at or currently work at one of those law firms in chicago that Chase gives "private wealth" status to its workers (like how Wells Fargo gives Kaiser workers a special account)...if your profile is tagged as such, and they do a stellar job and link your ccs too..even if its united card...or csp...you get "transferred" to a special rep 
you also get transferred to a special rep for certain situations that has nothing to do with your banking relationship with Chase.
what cpc and private wealth has with chase, over regular folks is a second eye on the application..and they used to get an addtional 10k ( so 50k instead of 40k, maybe now it will be 60k given the across board bump of 40k to 50k ) for the bonus...but that is it.
usually when someone who has little to no credit profile, okay income, etc...if they're in the "private bank" segment, I notice that they'll get approved for freedom or csp a lot easier.

And who might these firms be???! Inquiring minds want to know! Smiley Very Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 28 of 51
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@cyclesport45 wrote:

"High value cardmember" equals "I want you to rate my customer service highly" after this phone call ends.   Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.  On several occasions when I've called in, I've been thanked for being a "highly valued cardmember since 1991", and have also gotten the same statement in on-line chats with AMEX reps as well.  That and 5 bucks gets you a cuppa java at starbucks. 

Message 29 of 51
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@sjt wrote:

I was on the phone with Amex today and had a nice conversation with the CSR. He mentioned that I was noted in their system as a "high value cardmember." Has anyone heard of this or are any Amex members aware if they have the same notation? Or is this a line of crap from Amex.

Did you agree to complete a survey as a follow-up to the CSR discussion?

That can put you in a high value category Smiley LOL

I generally agree to complete surveys when asking a CSR at one of the CRAs to make changes to my profile information. Smiley Wink

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.