Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex "In Progress"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex "In Progress"

I applied for An Amex delta gold credit card and was calling about product changing to the cash rewards card since the annual fee was a little unsettling for someone who doesn't fly that much they said I couldn't do it but she saw in her system that I was pretty approved for the blue cash everyday anyways and she said I could apply for it and move my CL over from the other card in the future. I asked if it was a hard pull and she said no since I just got my credit pulled the day before it won't be. So she asked my income and in the end told me I'd be receiving the card in the mail within so and so days...and all the normal prerequisites that are stated when you're approved.

But I check online and it says "In Progress"

They've been closed since I applied and they're closed today too. Bummer. Apparently only one specific department can look up my app info.

Any insight on all of this?

Thanks guys and gals!
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex "In Progress"

Not sure why she told you would not be another HP, but im pretty sure it will be. Only way to get two cards in 1 pull has to be in same day and one has t be charge card and 1 credit card. No way our getting 1 pull for two credit cards ever, unless you slipped through the cracks. Which in 95% sure you didnt. You cant trasnfer the limt over, till after you have the Delta card for a year, that way they can get there AF out of you.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I read that. I got a HP in the end for the credit app(I guess its only a sp if you get a denial)

I called but there's no info.

I mean she told me I'd be receiving my card etc etc..

I know the calls are recorded and seeing she gave me some wrong info I might have to use that to my advantage
Message 3 of 23
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

I got the delta gold and was approved right away. Then 2 months later, I apped for the PRG Gold charge card. I got in progres for over a week, counting weekends. Finally it was approved.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Delta gold was approved instantly.

I guess I'll just have to call and see what's going on tomorrow.

Seems like it might be a security thing since both apps are a day within each other.

Message 5 of 23
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah Delta gold was approved instantly.

I guess I'll just have to call and see what's going on tomorrow.

Seems like it might be a security thing since both apps are a day within each other.

It is most certainly a security concern. You're more than likely going to be approved easily, you just have to allow the system to wait a certain amount of days before it will allow the approval. I recently applied for the Gold Delta Amex, approved instantly. Then the next day applied for the Classic Delta Amex and also received the in progress status. I called the specific app status number and they went ahead and told me the exact day that the system would process the app, which was 7 days later. Sure enough the system tried to process the app on the exact date they told me but I had to talk with a rep because I needed to manually remove my credit freeze for them to run another HP on my Experian report. Approved for the Classic card. Right after approval I transferred the majority of my CL from another AmEx card to the Classic card with no problem.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and I guess I was not approved for the Blue cash everyday over the phone... The application department said that I would have to wait two more days for it to be processed and then I will find out. She said there's no such thing as a preapproval in their system. So I guess I was lied to and told a whole bunch of wrong information. The CSR said based on my last resort I sound definitely get approved, but the fact that I thought I was and I'm not anymore really upsets me. What should I do?

I know the calls are recorded..
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So called and the app was put through.

Denied.

Wow. I'm so pissed.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it must be frustrating but I would take it as a hard lesson learned. Reps cannot ever guarantee individuals an approval before applying. They may say something like "Based on your scores and history you would likely be approved for....." Or something along those lines but its never a certainty. :/ Even if the call was recorded unless the person specifically said, Yes you've been approved for blah blah I dont think anything can be done
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... Sadly she didn't say that word for word so I'm sure it'll just be overlooked.

I called the executive office and asked him to try to expedite the recon and give me the reasons why I got denied.

Maybe I'll get somewhere but its Amex so I doubt it.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.