tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex "In Progress"

@Anonymous wrote:

So called and the app was put through.

Denied.

Wow. I'm so pissed.

I think this is one of the legitimate reasons to contact the Executive Office.  Also, since it was a denial you did get NO HP, correct?

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me I did.

She was so assuming of me getting approved stating I'd receive the card in the mail soon and get my CL and such with it.

If that doesn't sound like an approval what does? Lol

The guy at the executive office seemed nice though.

I've heard not so positive things about their reconsideration department though so the denial might stick. 

I would of never applied for it if she wasn't so insisted and manipulitive. I feel played and also like a fool.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a good case.  However, this is one of those cases that it's probably stronger if you put it on paper and send it to the EO so that people who can do something about it, or their executive assistants, can see it.  In a phone call you are depending on the ability of who took the call and that you didn't forget to say something.  Maybe it's me, but there are certain things that are way more effective in a letter (even an email is better than a call).  Good luck.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll see what happens within the next day or so and if anything I'll send a letter.

Message 14 of 23
iCoop
Regular Contributor

I usually contact companies via mail/fax when I have complaints about their customer service, product, or services. I also contact the BBB and CFPB which are very effective at getting higher level management involved when you get nowhere via phone calls to regular customer service. I'm not sure how effective these methods would be in this instance as they are not obligated to extend credit. But always worth a shot. The worse they can do is say no.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So good-ish news.

The CO contacted me back and left a voicemail since I was busy.

Pretty much stated that my application wasnt actually denied for credit reasons but due to 2 apps being processed so closed the system cancelled one automatically as it thought it was a duplicate.

They're gonna review my app by Thursday at the latest and let me know the decision.

I am hopeful as I got a decent 3k starting limit on the Delta so I think Amex doesn't necessarily hate me.

Who knows.

I just want to keep up my spree of 5 cards and no denials! Lol.

Sounds stupid, but this time 2 years ago I couldn't even get a secured with anyone but Capital One.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you luck on your card. I currently have a card "In Progress" with them as well.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot.

I wish us both luck then Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the info guys.

If I get denied I'll take it as a lesson learned. I have enough cards with almost all the decent lenders so I'm going to start gardening. 

Message 18 of 23
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Any idea on what happened to you?

I read on this board, veterans like enharu & takeshi has said to ''wait it out'' regarding the ''in progress'' status on pending Amex app.

My Amex SPG app has been ''in progress'' since Tuesday. Today is Saturday (has been 4 days). On data point, some have waited 4 business days or more, some even 2 weeks until the system says ''APPROVED'' or whatever......

My credit monitoring site (econocheck) has noted a Hard Pull on AMEX since app date, so I am not sure how it is going to be a Soft Pull if denied.. Any insights on that? Anyone, enharu, takeshi or lexie???

MyFico is awesome data king-!!!

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 19 of 23
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

There has been a poster or possibly 2 that got HP denials recently. But until it says denied odds are it will be approved with the HP.
Good luck!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.