cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex "Pre-Approved For You," Then Not ... (?)

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex "Pre-Approved For You," Then Not ... (?)

anyone have a delta skymiles website preapproval, just to see it disappear the next time you log in; and then not to see it since? all while consistenly showing approval for charge cards... blah

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happens to me. My 'pre-approvals' on my AMEX account change all the time, and sometimes arent even there. IMHO I wouldn't advise anyone to base what card to apply for to AMEX strictly based on these pre-approvals.

I would however, somewhat use it as a barometer of where you 'stand' with AMEX. If they have any pre-approvals for you, then it is more than likely you stand a chance of getting a card from them. Which card though is ultimately going to depend on your CR and AMEX's special qualification formula they use internally.

Message 22 of 25
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

This morning, pre-approved for Platinum and Green.  (The other night I had just platinum pre-approval.)  I'm interested in PCing to Green from Zync, so I clicked on "Apply Now."  Goes to a blank screen and stays there.  I may call today just to see if I'm "really" pre-approved or not (to try to confirm whether the website info is bogus or for real).  Will update ...

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Sorry we are unable to find any existing offers for you at this time. If you're already a Cardmember. Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers."

Means I still suck, right?  Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 25
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Not necessarily.  I had same message (no pre-approved offers) when I applied online and was "instantly" (30-45 min.) approved for my Zync card.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.