Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex "disputes"

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Amex "disputes"

I paid the wrong Amex card recently, leaving a $1000 credit on an unused card.  There is an option to transfer the balance to another card, which I did, for some reason Amex treats this as a dispute.  On the "right" card page, there is a message saying the amount due has been adjusted to reflect a dispute.   Eventually I received a message saying the dispute had been resolved and the balance would be transferred.   Then, 30 minutes later, another message saying that the dispute is being investigated...   Not exactly confidence inspiring process from an issuer renowned for great CS!   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex "disputes"

That's odd. I had a credit balance one time and I did the same thing. Of course, it wasn't a 1k overpayment. Didn't get a dispute notification of any sort but maybe it was just because it was 25-50 bucks, forget how much it was.

Maybe they just have to do a paper trail since it's such a significant amount... probably just requires more paperwork.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.