Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex "update credit profile"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex "update credit profile"

So I recently regained Amex cardmember status.  I'm excited because even though my card has a 2010 date, the website shows  "member since 2001", as should my CR when it starts reporting.

Anyway, I was wondering if I should fill out the information under "update credit profile" on the website.  It has blanks for me to fill out info regarding my employment and imome.  The only pre-filled field is employer name.  Shouldn't they have this information from my app? Has anyone else filled this out?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Amex "update credit profile"

My opinion is to let it alone. Not best to mess around with anything with amex unless your ok with a FR. They seem to like doing them to new members.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

My opinion is to let it alone. Not best to mess around with anything with amex unless your ok with a FR. They seem to like doing them to new members.

Duly noted.  i will leave it be.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 days ago, the Federal Reserve clarified the rule regarding the income requirements to get a credit card. If a credit card issuer originally asked for household income on your application, they have to ask you for your individual income later on. If they just asked for "income" without qualifier, they are fine. Does not apply to spouses in community property states. See here.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.