Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex recon?

tag
bvick27
New Contributor

Amex recon?

Anybody have any luck with Amex Recon? I already have a zync card and wanted to upgrade to a green but was told that you could not PC. I apped and was denied. Their own denial letter said I have a 696 Experian, and I have had the zync for over a year now. Any help would be appreciated!

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 665 TU: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex recon?

@bvick27 wrote:

Anybody have any luck with Amex Recon? I already have a zync card and wanted to upgrade to a green but was told that you could not PC. I apped and was denied. Their own denial letter said I have a 696 Experian, and I have had the zync for over a year now. Any help would be appreciated!

What did they give you a the reason for denial? Your Amex risk score being too high?

From what I've read (and been told on the phone by their reps), the only time they really do recons is if something inaccurate affected their decision.

Message 2 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bvick27 wrote:

What did they give you a the reason for denial? Your Amex risk score being too high?

From what I've read (and been told on the phone by their reps), the only time they really do recons is if something inaccurate affected their decision.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Have you tried calling the executive office # posted in the stickies ?  Several people have had recon success with this recently....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 17
teenastie
Established Contributor

@bvick27 wrote:

Reconning Amex's decision may not be turned around if the reasons for denial are accurate no matter the risk score!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Have you tried calling the executive office # posted in the stickies ?  Several people have had recon success with this recently....

I just called the executive office number and they were very unhappy that I called them for a recon.  I was given the phone number and transferred to their New Accounts Department where I had the option of applying for a card or checking on the status of the card.  I apped today for the Gold Delta Skymiles and for the Blue Cash Everyday.  I was told to call a different number for app status in 24 - 48 hours.  I'm a little frustrated right now.

Message 6 of 17
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

OP

Have you ever had any problems with Zync, missed payment returned payment or anything? Is it NPSL? Util really high? Other then that I guess I'm surprised they wouldn't give you a green they love those higher annual fees. Hopefully they only hit you with a SP since you have a zync and you can try again in 30 days.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 7 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

I just called the executive office number and they were very unhappy that I called them for a recon.  I was given the phone number and transferred to their New Accounts Department where I had the option of applying for a card or checking on the status of the card.  I apped today for the Gold Delta Skymiles and for the Blue Cash Everyday.  I was told to call a different number for app status in 24 - 48 hours.  I'm a little frustrated right now.

YMMV.   This poster appears to have had success with a recon:      http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Gold-premier-rewards/td-p/1462004

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 17
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

YMMV.   This poster appears to have had success with a recon:      http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Gold-premier-rewards/td-p/1462004

Yeah, but that poster was also transferred, which is what happened to me today, only the person I first spoke to really expressed her displeasure in taking my call, asking me where I got the phone number and telling me I am calling the wrong phone number.  I think I will try again tomorrow and see where that gets me as the the Gold Delta is now showing declined and the Blue Cash is still pending.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 9 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

You still have yet to disclose the denail reason(s) from the letter.

That would help us out in giving you better direction.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.