Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex removed the imposed hard limit

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Amex removed the imposed hard limit

Got FR'd approx. 18 months ago on the Green and as a result, they imposed a hard limit of $7000. After a few months, they bumped that to $7700 where it sat until today. Updated my TLs and noticed "no pre-set limit" returned. I guess there's no permanancy to these imposed limits, though it was nice not having to worry about that mystery magical limit.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Heavy-Handed
Established Member

Re: Amex removed the imposed hard limit

They preset my Amex Platinum limit to $4400 at the peak of the financial crisis last year and then changed it back to NPSL early this year.   Upon restoration, they sent me a letter confirming the change back to NPSL and added that transactions up to $37k would be approved without further review needed or something to that effect.

Their internal scoring and risk assesment is too cryptic and mind bending, I don't even bother trying to figure them out anymore. You can be late on a payment or two with them and see no effect but mess around with accounts from other issuers and they will be quick to the trigger with CLD's, FRA's, hard limits on charge cards, etc.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.