cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex reporting twice on TU?

tag
Regular Contributor

Amex reporting twice on TU?

When I pulled my credit score via MyFico my TU looks as though it's reporting Amex twice.  It's listed twice in the accounts, along with the balance.  All information is matching each other.  Could this be bringing my score down?  It's currently 703, while my EQ is 714 (It is only listed once for EQ). I have no other Amex account and none of my other accounts are doing this.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Amex reporting twice on TU?

@tianapb725 wrote:
When I pulled my credit score via MyFico my TU looks as though it's reporting Amex twice.  It's listed twice in the accounts, along with the balance.  All information is matching each other.  Could this be bringing my score down?  It's currently 703, while my EQ is 714 (It is only listed once for EQ). I have no other Amex account and none of my other accounts are doing this.

Call AMEX to have them remove the duplicate account.  

Message 2 of 4
Regular Contributor

Thanks DI.  I did just that and their credit bureau dept actually deleted the account, which wasn't actually mine!  It was also a closed account and they're reporting it to all 3 agencies.  Thanks for the advice!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

@tianapb725 wrote:
Thanks DI.  I did just that and their credit bureau dept actually deleted the account, which wasn't actually mine!  It was also a closed account and they're reporting it to all 3 agencies.  Thanks for the advice!

You're welcome.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.