cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex roadside help VS Visa , MasterCard , AAA or even Geico ?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex roadside help VS Visa , MasterCard , AAA or even Geico ?!

thanks guys , this i guess its another reason to keep my PRG around past year 1 , now does this service also apply to authorized users on your account (eg. fiance , wife ) 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

To yfan (thought I quoted your post, but apparently not):

As far as I know.  I didn't have to register my cars and they have never asked if I own the vehicle.  

Message 12 of 14
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To yfan (thought I quoted your post, but apparently not):

As far as I know.  I didn't have to register my cars and they have never asked if I own the vehicle.  

@Anonymous whoever: You don't need to own the car, I asked Amex already. You can be with anyone. It just has to be you (the owner of the Amex credit card) at the time of the tow or service. Like @Anonymous said, I never had to register my vehicle and they never asked me if i owned the car I was with.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I can only speak about AAA... for me, they've been FANTASTIC.

I've had to use it a few times over the last 20 years (that makes me feel old) and they've always been there.  I know a big part of it is the vendors they choose, but honestly either I've just been really, really lucky with them or they vet their vendors well.

I considered later on having my Amex Green upgraded to the PRG specifically for the roadside assistance feature, but I really (really) like having the AAA card in my wallet, so if I do get the PRG that will be 'gravy', but not my primary reason.

Other folks will likely have different opinions, possibly even the opposite.  This is just my 2¢.  Smiley Very Happy

I have AAA also, it's great. Never have to worry bout flats or dead batteries. Only $50 a yr also.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.