Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex rocks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex rocks

So I don't know if you all remember me on the forum at all it has been awhile since I have posted.  Anyway I was under amex f/r earlier in the month for about 8 days.  It took that long because their system had to be updated and the person handling my account thought she had lost my paperwork, needless to say I was very upset, however they opened me back up for charging and all is well again.  I have two charge cards(gold and platinum) and two credit cards(blue and delta skymiles).  I really love the charge cards because for a lot of the presents this month I was able to use my gold card mainly because of the bonus 10000 point boost I was to get if I charged 500 by december 31st.  I notice that the charge cards go through a bit quicker then the other cards.  Another thing I have noticed in doing searches on the forum is that some people are confused about the no pre set limit thing.  Well since they put me under f/r I figure they have set them pretty tight on my charge cards but they are still very trusting in that I was able to charge almost 700 dollars with no hiccups at all.  I am trying to utilize the blue however the most to get the cli up as fast as possible, have about 2000 on it and will probably pay all of it early next month. 

Anyway I would recommend them to anyone who wants a great rewards program and great customer service.  With all my cards it is easy for me to talk to a representative whenever I want to.  Of course with the platinum card I always get to a rep within like 20 seconds, haha.   Anyway I recommend amex to any and everyone, they are great and I am sure will take care of me in the future.  Oh and f/r really is not that bad just cooperate and they will treat you very well.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex rocks

I remember when you got the gold card, but for the plat did they send you an offer or did you just apply? With the no pre-set spending, when I got my green I called and they told me up to about $1,000 I should be fine and then the more you use it and the longer you have it will raise. Well only in my 2nd billing cycle (1st full cycle) I am up to about 875 so I called them to see if I am ok over $1000 and they told me to spend whatever I want unless it is a large purchase and then I need to call them to let them know. Congrats on getting through the F/R, it doesn't sound too bad as long as you have other cards to use for the week or so you are shut down.

Message Edited by RGordon on 12-27-2007 04:55 AM
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a side note, why won't it let me space paragraphs? I tried when I posted the message before this and then tried to edit with the spaces and it was a no go. oh well.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on making it though your F/R.
What is the advantage of having 2 different Charge cards with AMEX?

I can understand if seperating certian expenses (business) but beyond this what is the advantage?

Amex told me they will use my Delta usage over the last 6 months to set my no-limit on my green.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good thing I have been using up Delta for Christmas presents, that probably helped my Green charges.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using Firefox- you need to check the little -

Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks- checkbox every time-

Glad Amex is treating you well-
BTW- I I took the advice I gave you and have my Green in the mail.

@Anonymous wrote:
On a side note, why won't it let me space paragraphs? I tried when I posted the message before this and then tried to edit with the spaces and it was a no go. oh well.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that I saw your other post. The coolness hasn't gone away yet. Only once when we were out to lunch at work, everyone pulled out there cards and I was feeling good with my amex until one guy pulled out the gold to pay for everyone. Oh well I guess the good thing about the green in that people with gold will buy you lunch?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enjoy fighting over the check-
My line is "I need the points"

I will have to remember that- "Gold must buy Green lunch"

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on that I saw your other post. The coolness hasn't gone away yet. Only once when we were out to lunch at work, everyone pulled out there cards and I was feeling good with my amex until one guy pulled out the gold to pay for everyone. Oh well I guess the good thing about the green in that people with gold will buy you lunch?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Until you get upgraded to Gold and then Plat buys Gold lunch!

:-)

Message Edited by RGordon on 12-27-2007 05:17 AM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the idea of both gold and platinum is that I am doing a trial run this year with the platinum to see if I get my money's worth from the annual fee and if I don't then I have the gold to fall back on thus not causing me to have to reapply or wait for another charge.  I feel that I will though with the ability for room upgrades and hertz rental car discounts and airport lounges. 

It's funny too when I pulled the platinum out for the first time my fiancee said, "oh so you're taking it out of it's cage" haha.  I also did not get an offer for the platinum I just like the best so I said why the heck not and in two days was approved.  I am just glad that the card can grow with me as I am getting married in september 2008 and that way we can use the card together and with combined incomes a lot more money will move through the card. 

On a side note my fiancee said that my amex blue is a very "cute" card...go figure.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.