Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex says I'm approved but...

tag
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex says I'm approved but...

@Anonymous wrote:

You're thinking about Premier. Preferred is the regular gold.

This. I wonder why they secretly sometimes call the "regular" gold the preferred gold. It's not the premier rewards gold.

They do it with the green sometimes too. Call it the "preferred green". All kinds of confusing.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're thinking about Premier. Preferred is the regular gold.

That makes all the sense in the World! Thanks Paul!!!

Message 12 of 14
teenastie
Established Contributor

LTomBerry wrote 

This. I wonder why they secretly sometimes call the "regular" gold the preferred gold. It's not the premier rewards gold.

They do it with the green sometimes too. Call it the "preferred green". All kinds of confusing.

I guess they are trying to make me feel more important by having this card in my wallet... as it the word Gold isn't enough Smiley Indifferent

Message 13 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@teenastie wrote:

I guess they are trying to make me feel more important by having this card in my wallet... as it the word Gold isn't enough Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, Gold and Platinum credit cards have lost any prestige that they once had.  Just about every sub~prime CC issuer offers cards with Gold/Platinum names & colors......

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.