Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex secure messages?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex secure messages?

So I recieved an email from American Express saying I have an important message in the secure message center, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to access it! even when I click the email link it directs me to my account home page, any help? thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tryingtogetbetter
Contributor

Re: Amex secure messages?

You should have a notification under your picture on your main account page. 

If not try this: americanexpress.com/messagecenter

Current FICO Scores as of 12/12/15 - EQ-704 TU-736 EX-708
Message 2 of 6
stellar
Established Contributor

Don't click through the email.  It could be phishing.  Type amex into your browser to access their website.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stellar wrote:

Don't click through the email.  It could be phishing.  Type amex into your browser to access their website.

This^^^^.. Call Amex and make sure the message is from them.  I once received such a message and I forwarded it unto them after they confirmed it wasn't from them. So be careful with such links.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stellar wrote:

X2

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of these same emails today "You have a secure message, yadda yadda yadda".  I logged in thru URL bar - saw nothing.  Called AMEX - they asked if the message header included my first & last name + the last 5 in account #.  Last 5 = yes.  First & last name = no.  Definitely bogus.  Looked at the reply email and there was some 3rd world email address.  All of the genuine emails I have from AMEX- the reply-to address begins with NOREPLY@.  Use caution, folks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.