Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex serve?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex serve?

Im using the bill pay to pay independent contractors who don't take credit cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 107
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used it for a couple of months or so for MS purposes. I've had no problems loading (with my CSP) or paying various bills that I wouldn't normally be able to pay with a CC.

Message 12 of 107
Incredulous
Established Member

How does the serve differ from Vanilla reloads?
Message 13 of 107
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Incredulous wrote:

I think they are the same as BB in that respect. What differentiates it from BB is how you can do cc reload of serve online, where you get points. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 107
LeonSandcastle
Established Member

I like it a lot.  I've been using it to pay bills that don't take CC, and more importantly, to not write checks to places I'd normanlly have to, like the landscaper, my daughter's preschool etc.  

It's also the only way I can get Amex offers, since I can't get approved for even the easiest to qualify for AMEX card.  Apparently they REALLY don't like my aged Chapter 13, even though I never burned them and was an authorized user on a Delta card fro 20 years.

Message 15 of 107
LeonSandcastle
Established Member

By the way, if anyone is going to get a Serve card, get it through the ISIS smartphone app rather than through AMEX.  

Same card, but higher limits on daily and monthly loads.  Also, the regular Serve has a $1/monthly fee is you didn't loan $500 the previous month (or spend $500, I forget). the ISIS version has no monthly fee.

Finally, every carrier has a bonus for signing up through ISIS.  I'm with AT&T, I got $15 at account setup and another $15 after my 1st load.

Message 16 of 107
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Who doesn't love free money?! Right now i see a promotion they are running for no monthly fee and $1 cash added to your account for each purchase up to $50. Do they give the option for paper statements?

Message 17 of 107
Incredulous
Established Member

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Incredulous wrote:

I think they are the same as BB in that respect. What differentiates it from BB is how you can do cc reload of serve online, where you get points. 

So you get points even if you reload it online? So there's really no point to looking for vanilla reloads now?

Message 18 of 107
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Incredulous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Incredulous wrote:

So you get points even if you reload it online? So there's really no point to looking for vanilla reloads now?

You only get points up to 1000 dollars a month with regular serve and 1500 month with Isis serve. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 107
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Im using the bill pay to pay independent contractors who don't take credit cards. 

Except Chase will likely question it.

Chase is actually one of few lenders that are well aware of manufactured spending scheme (including AMEX Serve). They are known to shut people down for engaging in MS. Go ahead and call Chase, but be mentally prepared to be scrutinized from them.

Message 20 of 107
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.