Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex shop small question!!!

tag
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Amex shop small question!!!

I just enrolled in the shop small with amex reason due to receiving a $30 credit for using at qualifying shop small businesses. My question is can i purchase gift cards at the qualifying location? I believe if i use my card 3 different transactions over $10 i will get a $30 credit.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex shop small question!!!

I've done this every year. It's worked every time.

Chris.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be home visiting friends and family so I am just planning on using my two AMEXs for $60 of free beer on the 29th. I suppose gift certificates would be okay too. 

Message 3 of 9
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Rembrandt, so you're saying I can use both cards for $30 each for a total of $60?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't let me register both cards so I'm guessing one is a business card?

Message 5 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

damn i just found the shopsmall map and AMEX site went down. some good places... i'm going shopping :]

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got all eight of my cards register. $240.00 baby.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got all eight of my cards register. $240.00 baby.

holy moly. haha

Message 8 of 9
jm1991
Regular Contributor

amazingly, my favorite bar is listed in the small businesses and the bar tender charges me around $16 for what would normally cost 60+ ill do one spend there Smiley Tongue the other is a really good mexican restaurant a block down from my house, will buy a shrimp cocktail for luch which is like $12 and the other at a local groceries store. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.